Want a Scorpion EXO-1000, anyone able to help? under $300?

playbygolf

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

The best helmet I found that fit my odd head was the Scorpion EXO-1000, but with a price tag of about $320-$350, I'd be hurtin. Anyone got one or a hook-up for less than that? Thanks. Need a size Medium. Prefer the white then matte black then the silver.

Last edited:

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

The best helmet I found that fit my odd head was the Scorpion EXO-1000, but with a price tag of about $320-$350, I'd be hurtin. Anyone got one or a hook-up for less than that? Thanks. Need a size Medium. Prefer the white then matte black then the silver.

sportbiketrackgear.com

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Keep in mind, the helmet prices may be lower, but they nail you on the shipping charges, so it turns out to not be a very good deal in the end. Goggle EXO 1000 and you get a lot of different dealers and all with differnt prices and shipping costs. I found a lot of them had free shipping in the US.

Honestly though, you shouldn't be complaining about a helmet costing $350, especially the EXO 1000. That's a low-mid price range for a motorcycle helmet. The EXO 1000 is a NEW helemt, so the price will tend to be a bit higher. But considering all the features of this new helmet, a price tag of $350 isn't that bad when you look at what you are getting.

When I was in Vancouver in early August, a shop actually had a bunch of them in stock so I was able to try them on and find my size (XL). The in-store price tag was $420 + tax CDN....so $350 aint that bad mate.

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Scorpion EXO-700 Solid Helmet - Motorcycle Superstore

Have you tried the next step down? The 700 looks comparable.

The 700 is not 'comparable' at all to the 1000 other than it's made by the same company. The 700 lacks the two most major new fuctions that the 1000 boasts:
- internal cheak pad pump for custom fit
- internal flip down sun visor

The 1000 is a totally different helemt design than the previous EXO models.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The 700 is not 'comparable' at all to the 1000 other than it's made by the same company. The 700 lacks the two most major new fuctions that the 1000 boasts:
- internal cheak pad pump for custom fit
- internal flip down sun visor

The 1000 is a totally different helemt design than the previous EXO models.
True, but I belatedly learned that my noggin fit the -1000 perfectly... with no inflation whatsoever. Hopefully you can get a chance to physically try one on before laying down cash.

The sun visor, IMHO, is worth its weight in gold. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
The new 2008 HJC FS-10 helmets now also have the internal retractable visors as well!! Cheaper than an EXO 1000 too!

2008_HJC_FS-10_Solid_Helmet.jpg

HJC FS-10 Solid Helmet - Motorcycle Superstore

Canada17

Reaction score
Visit site
The shop I deal with sells botht he New HJC AC10 and the EXO1000. The sales guy was telling me that the EXO is MUCH quieter at speed than the HJC.