I'm still planning on going streetfighter...

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
...even though I went with the "wee"strom instead of the Fizzer.

Has anyone seen a naked one before? I found this picture, think it could be pretty sweet.

Khancoban071.jpg

Here's another one, probably a little more realistic for my DIY aspirations.

229826981-L.jpg

I'll probably go ahead and keep her stocked up for the fall just so I can get to know her before I get her naked... :eek:

Then save up some cash and do some serious work over the winter! I'll keep you guys informed.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is if you don't have the aftermarket parts available without significant modding on your part. ;)

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
Well it's kind of interesting, as there's not much aftermarket stuff out there for the V-Strom. However, it's a close cousin to the SV650 so a lot of the parts for that bike will fit the V-Strom with a little custom fab'ing and some elbow grease!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have not seen a naked wee strom, and from those pics, i personally don;t like it, looks too tall in the front, try to find something that drops the light down a bit.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 I don`t think that bike will fit a streetfighter look very well without some major changes... but it has to look good to you, so go for what will make you happy and good luck! :rockon:

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
I definitely agree about lowering the front. The front wheel is actually larger than the back wheel, so the first thing I'll do is take the front wheel down a couple inches to match the back. And yes, the light/mini-fairing I put on will be much much lower than those two pics.

That first pic makes the bike look kinda horse-like, no? :D

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what sizes are the rims front and rear? I didn't realize that they were different, that could help a lot by evening them out