Great Garage Tool!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought you'd like to see how I change the oil. I got this new TOOL that stops you from having to bend over or sit on the floor. Excuse the messy garage... we're reorganizing and I'm putting up Gladiator track along with building lockable cabinets to put all the tools into.

2813770979_c22a4bc965_b.jpg

Last edited:

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's cool. But I'm worried about the stress that those four little bolts in the handlebar clamp are taking in supporting that bike...

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's tough enough to take it. :D But you have a point. Next lift, perhaps I will run the tow rope through the top triple instead.

It's very securely mounted to the rafters though. I sandwiched two rafters with angle iron and ran two each 3/4" bolts all the way through, then drilled for the four U bolts and put up the 1-1/2" galvanized pipe to hang the hoist. There are only the four bolts holding the hoist to the pipe on two brackets too. :thumbup:

J

jsteinb95

Too old to bend over, eh? ;)

That's pretty freakin cool, Eric! :cheer:

I want to see a video of it.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Too old to bend over, eh? ;)

That's pretty freakin cool, Eric! :cheer:

I want to see a video of it.

:rof: My 43 yr old body won't let me do what my 25 yr old mind wants.... thus as we age, we get a little more creative. :D

A video of the lifting? Sure! When I get back home.... We're a couple hundred miles North this weekend about to boil some fresh Maine Lobsters! Yum!!!

W

wrightme43

Ahahahhahaaaaahhhaahhaaaa

LOL LOL LOL

The bolts are fine.

I have picked up lots of engines with bolts no bigger and its just not a issue.

It might become a issue if you start swinging it, or jumping up and down creating a cycling load, but still more than likely not.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FYI... I did HER bike first cause the V Star is a LOT heavier! I figured if that held, mine wouldn't be an issue. Plus, I don't have a shallow enough oil pan to put under her bike... :( On the FZ6, the kickstand gets in the way and forget the center stand. this makes it EASY!!!

I put the hoist right over a spot I can back the truck in under, thus lift heavy stuff on and off the truck with ease. Came in handy with the trenching machine for the sprinkler system!

Last edited:
S

sportrider

this thread has my wanting to go to home depot and buy some lumber to reinforce my garage trusses!!!!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
this thread has my wanting to go to home depot and buy some lumber to reinforce my garage trusses!!!!

:rof: She's plenty strong! It's built with a 12/10 pitch and a loft that holds a LOT! Please don't attempt this with a 12/5 pitch fellas!!! ;)

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6inNH, you're crazy. I like you, but you're crazy. :Flash:

I get nervous just LOOKING at your 430lb bike swinging from the rafters of your garage. I'm not saying it's not cool, just that I would be too nervous to work on the thing like that!

How do you keep it from rotating as you're trying to torque bolts and such?

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6inNH, you're crazy. I like you, but you're crazy. :Flash:

I get nervous just LOOKING at your 430lb bike swinging from the rafters of your garage. I'm not saying it's not cool, just that I would be too nervous to work on the thing like that!

How do you keep it from rotating as you're trying to torque bolts and such?

I have a tether that I tie to the wall (not pictured) that prevents it from rotating. :thumbup: With the double cable option, it really doesn't rotate much and not much on the bike needs more than one hand to be torqued. ;)

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Anything that makes our lives easier, we as men have enough stress and pain in our lives (especially if not single):spank:, I want to see you when you change the oil on your truck.:thumbup:

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I am organizing a group ride to your house... you're supplying the oil and filters right? Hahaha Nice tool when I get a house I'm going to get 2 of em.

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
There is absolutely no way I'm showing this pic to my husband! He is constantly threatening to hoist my bike or my car in our garage to give us more floor space. Not sure why it's always my vehicle being hoisted, and not his.... But this is a picture he does NOT need to see! :rof:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There is absolutely no way I'm showing this pic to my husband! He is constantly threatening to hoist my bike or my car in our garage to give us more floor space. Not sure why it's always my vehicle being hoisted, and not his.... But this is a picture he does NOT need to see! :rof:

What's his e-mail address? ;)

What man-cave should be without one? Next big tool is a two-stage compressor, floor mounted. :D

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks like a handy tool. With the bike lifted it kinda looks like a bike sex swing though.:eyebrow: