Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my JR Alter Ego jacket when I returned to biking last January after a LONG layoff. What appealed to me about the jacket is the "3-in-1" features. It's a dandy summer jacket with the sleeves and lower portion of the jacket zipped off...it really is a cool (temp wise) jacket, while still retaining the armour in the shoulders, elbows and back. The removable inner waterproof jacket is indeed waterproof...but it's hotter than hades in warmer temps when it's raining.
You can get the JR upgraded hard armour for the jacket as well. Both the inner mesh sleeves and the outer textile sleeves have "cinches" which you can clip up to keep the elbow armour firmly in place.
It's a very nice "compromise" jacket for the money, imo.
When zipped to my Ballistic 5.0 pants, I'm dry as a bone in the rain.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
jacket good

I wear a yellow joe rocket armored mesh jacket. It is very comfortable, has room for extra visor, a water proof zippered pocket for your cell and papers. Lots of adjustment buttons all over. Cool riding on the highway from airflow. I dont want to go down, but i'd trust sliding my arms and elbows in that jacket.
Best part, my brother bought a new, red jacket to match his 07 honda cbr 600 rr. So my slightly used joe rocket jacket only put be back 75 bucks. Get it and you wont be unhappy.

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the JR Alter Ego jacket and pants. The mesh is great for those hotter days while fully done up the jacket does the job on cooler days. I like em both, and with them on, the wife can't keep her hands off me! :thumbup: