Here is another streetfighter almost done!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
2807970466_65cae8be61_o.jpg

2807122625_a61242ddf3_o.jpg

2807122775_8835ebc2ce_o.jpg

CRG Mirrors rock... I was surprised at the quality.

Got some fork and swingarm sliders too...

I just need to chop that tail and it`ll be a done deal :rockon:

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
Are those tank-covers acrylic? Definitely a unique look for those Buells... Lookin good so far!

Anything in the works to really make it "pop"?

W

wrightme43

Thats cool David!!
How is it riding? I bet the suspension is really nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's gonna be one minimilist rear end, when you do the chop and put the FE on the Bike.

Lovely Bike by the way...very fond of the Beulls, one just may find it's way into my garage one day, with any luck!

:rockon:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are those tank-covers acrylic? Definitely a unique look for those Buells... Lookin good so far!

Anything in the works to really make it \\\"pop\\\"?

I think that that is not even a tank, I am pretty sure that it is just the air filter under there and the tank is a lot lower (or even inside the frame, i can't recall) but i have seen a lot of people run with just K&N's hanging out the top, it is more of a hooligan look.

Last edited by a moderator:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This might sound like a stupid question, but if the frame is actually the tank,does it alter the centre of gravity as it uses fuel ? :confused:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This might sound like a stupid question, but if the frame is actually the tank,does it alter the centre of gravity as it uses fuel ? :confused:

Nope, and that's why Buell does it, it keeps the center of gravity lower and evenly dispersed from side to side, I am not sure if this is one of the bikes that does that though (Wavex?).

Here is an article on some of the different technologies that Buell uses on it's bikes:

Buell Technology | Motorbikes

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good Wavex! This forum has conditioned me to dis-like the Blue in favor of the Red :Flip: ;) but your bike really is the hotness!

Slight sidenote. Has anyone seen the new Buell 1125CR (Cafe Racer) yet? I just saw it mentioned in my Rider magazine. I like it a lot!

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Slight sidenote. Has anyone seen the new Buell 1125CR (Cafe Racer) yet? I just saw it mentioned in my Rider magazine. I like it a lot!

it is a nice looking bike for the most part, i personally think the sidepods are a bit too huge. I like Wavex's a lot better than the Cafe Racer. Just personal opinion though

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site

Anything in the works to really make it \"pop\"?

Thanks! The plastic tank cover is translucent... you can see some control wires underneath it, as well as the top of the airbox :)

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I think that that is not even a tank, I am pretty sure that it is just the air filter under there and the tank is a lot lower (or even inside the frame, i can't recall) but i have seen a lot of people run with just K&N's hanging out the top, it is more of a hooligan look.

Fuel is in the frame indeed... the plastic cover houses the airbox & filter.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site

Sure, just like on your bike :) nothing that can be felt though... One of the main focuses of Buell was to centralize and lower the weight as much as possible and it`s even more the case on the Scg model... lowered suspension and seat... the changing fuel level won`t impact the CoG much.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
time to clean the tank wave...I can see smudges on the paint. Bike looks amazing.

haha I know I haven`t washed the bike yet... for some reason, everytime I get a new bike, it takes me weeks, or sometimes months before I give it its first bath... once I wash it once though, I will wash it regularly after that...not sure why :rockon::cheer:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good Wavex! This forum has conditioned me to dis-like the Blue in favor of the Red :Flip: ;) but your bike really is the hotness!

Yeah not sure why they call that a cafe, but anyway, I don`t like it at all... we know the engine is amazing, but other than that I think it looks like crap with that weird headlight and huge air rams...

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
So you are going to cut off that tail section?

A friend of mine just got rid of the reflectors and such and that did plenty, I kinda like the rear section on those bikes. However, it is your bike though. It will be interesting to see what it looks like with out that on there.

-bryan

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, that`s the last thing I want to do to it... or maybe I`ll do a slight exhaust mod too eventually (a guy on the Buell forum does the mod to the stock exhaust for cheap)...

It`ll basically look like this (with the regular tail angle... this one is increased) after the tail is chopped (with black forks, subframe, and the blue wheels and tank)

2659546872_17a52cf2a5_o.jpg

Last edited:

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, that`s the last thing I want to do to it... or maybe I`ll do a slight exhaust mod too eventually (a guy on the Buell forum does the mod to the stock exhaust for cheap)...

It`ll basically look like this (with the regular tail angle... this one is increased) after the tail is chopped (with black forks, subframe, and the blue wheels and tank)

Is it just me or is that rear sprocket HUGE?:eek: