grommit-albums-some-pictures-picture1177-belly-pan1.jpg

grommit-albums-some-pictures-picture1178-belly-pan2.jpg

SIDE - Simpson Detour - Yamaha FZ6 Belly Pan

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like it Grommit. It is different from the stock one. I like the scoopy front of it and I like how it cover the motor and the header more.

Personally I like all the both parts to be the same color, but as Marina said maybe a red stripe or some red color would help tie it all together?

Looks great! :rockon:

Atomized_Sliders

Reaction score
Visit site
get the black one and send it to dream machine at Nottingham and have it colour matched to anything you like :rockon:
I know my supplier gets them painted cost more but are paint matched and guaranteed to be the right colour even age fade the paint for older bikes :D
Looks the best one out there nicer profile than Pyramids belly pans wouldnt touch powerbronze with a barge pole as there flimsy and a rubbish fit so yep looks the dogs mate :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to T/J too much but, Man Atom you have an amazing collection of bikes! Very nice!

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate saying any negative, but you asked, so..

I love the flat black of the frame and engine. I have the black version as well and it's way faster than silver. (hmmm, that could be the new argument!) Anyway, back to the point. My eye is drawn to it immediately as it's glossy in a sea of flat. To me it looks out of place and "aftermarkety" I'd paint it flat black.

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Mike if you still have some of the wheel striping offer some up to the belly pan and see what it looks like before going full hog and sticking it down ;)

The Yamaha logo sounds good too :thumbup:

Dan-k

Reaction score
Visit site
looks great i think you should really get it colour matched to the tank though, i've just bought the same colour fz6n as you and want to get a belly pan for it. ermax i've heard match the factory colours they have three different blues listed on their site for '07 fz6 they are galaxy blue, metallic blue and metallic powder blue, so do you know which is the name for your blue?

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice shape! As far as the color I would do one of 2 things either color match it, or like Teeter said go with the flat black. I'm not realy feeling the gloss black. You could always do it flat black first, thats nice and cheap. If you decide you don't like it then you could color match that way you are out only a few bucks.

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good from were im standing, i would paint it to match the rest of the scheme of your bike. Ive got the same one and after having it on there for a bit ive decided to also paint mine to match the rest of the bike.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks great i think you should really get it colour matched to the tank though, i've just bought the same colour fz6n as you and want to get a belly pan for it. ermax i've heard match the factory colours they have three different blues listed on their site for '07 fz6 they are galaxy blue, metallic blue and metallic powder blue, so do you know which is the name for your blue?

ERMAX are good. I have had belly pans/huggers off them before.

The colour is Power Blue

I still think the best belly pan is the factory one for fit and finish.

I have left mine as is for now.

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
Put a new Belly Pan on today. Not sure if I like it yet. :don'tknow:

grommit-albums-some-pictures-picture1177-belly-pan1.jpg

grommit-albums-some-pictures-picture1178-belly-pan2.jpg

SIDE - Simpson Detour - Yamaha FZ6 Belly Pan

I can see your dilema, the bike has been stripped of anything "plastic" or bolt on and you have taken it back to the "retro" years but now you have added something back on to it another piece of "plastic" again, it is taking away what I believe to be your original look that you wanted in the first place.
The bike looks absolutely stunning and in my opinion in this case less is more, take it off and go back to your original look, you can always find non intrusive mods to do if money is burning a hole in your pocket LOL

Hope you dont mind the input:D