Ordered a Set

W

wrightme43

Avon Storm ST sport touring tire.

Avon - AV55 & AV56 STORM

Best price I could find on the internet for AVON tires. I have bought here before Avon supervenom for the ninja.
258.91 for front and rear delivered.
I paid 45 for a hex axle tool, and balance beads.

I already have the tire irons, and bead breaker, so when they come in I will be ready to go.

Still not quite to the tread wear indicators at 8800 miles. It looks like the bridgestone BT-20 will go 9000 miles if your gentle, and keep the air pressure checked.

S

sportrider

I like the tread pattern let me know how they feel. I've noticed a huge difference in handling traits between different brands

W

wrightme43

They arrived today.
I ordered them Saturday late. They got here wendsday afternoon.
Cant say enough about tires unlimited

Cheapest price by 50$ Super quick shipping.
Highly recomended seller.

W

wrightme43

Only thing I am waiting on is the hex axle tool and the balance beads. I am going to use dynamic balance beads and I will write a review up for them as well.

I am at the wear indicators at 8980 miles. I know another 20 miles is no problem.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I use a $2 19mm bolt and a couple nutz to get my front wheel off; I'm sure the axle tool is nice to have!

Good price on those tires. When it comes to sport-touring tires, I've had good luck with Southwest Moto Tires - Discount ATV and Motorcycle Tires (listed at $250 pre-shipping) and ronayers.com ($257.36 SHIPPED); I'm going to add tires unlimited to my list. STG has the best prices on SS michilen tires, period.
________
Vapir Air One 5.0

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

I use a $2 19mm bolt and a couple nutz to get my front wheel off; I'm sure the axle tool is nice to have!

Good price on those tires. When it comes to sport-touring tires, I've had good luck with Southwest Moto Tires - Discount ATV and Motorcycle Tires (listed at $250 pre-shipping) and ronayers.com ($257.36 SHIPPED); I'm going to add tires unlimited to my list. STG has the best prices on SS michilen tires, period.

OK I am stupid.
That is a stinking awesome idea.
Where did you learn that?

Its going into tools and shop tips.
Would you please take a few photos, and write up how to build and use one.
That would be awesome and save other people money.
Thanks
I am going to pm you too.

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
Good looking tires! And a good price too.

I just had mine changed. The Battlax BT-014 were done after my vacation tour, so off they go! 014 were a bit too soft for my use so the new ones are Battlax BT-021. I have high hopes on those, as the tires are of a harder material, especially the middle of the back tire.

W

wrightme43

Good deal Bren.

Hey if you dont mind would write up a milage, price, comfort, and anything else you can think of for the BT14 in the tire review section? And the BT21 as they wear in.
I will do the BT20s as soon as they come off. And the Avons as they wear and when they come off.