Naked Picture Update.

W

wrightme43

Ok I need to sell 12$ more of stuff off my bike to get the barend mirrors and turnsignals I need. LOL

Here are the photos.
I spent a few hours cutting apart the old fairing stay, bending, grinding and just a little welding to make the display computer braquet.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks totally different now! Just curious, what are those square patches on your corbin seat?

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
The bike looks great, wrightme, what signals and mirrors are you looking at? I got some barend mirrors off of ebay for about $40 that are of fair quality. Everyone thinks that barends vibrate more than stalk mirrors but its the exact opposite! I love mine, crystal clear.

W

wrightme43

Looks totally different now! Just curious, what are those square patches on your corbin seat?
LOL more of my wackjobness.
Ok the carbon fiber leather is slick as hell. I cut drawer liner and used contact adhesive to hold it down. No sliding at all. Its really nice under hard braking.

The barends I am getting are the Napolean mirros. They rock.

Signals are lockhart phillips aluminum oval arrows with run and turn lights, in amber and black aluminum.

I also painted the radiator side covers with plasticoat. I am doing the pass. foot pegs now, and if it works I will do both rearsets as well.

It seems nice and tough and thick.

W

wrightme43

Not yet Pete.

I ordered my napolean bar end mirrors earlier. I was actually able to disassemble and get down to the post of the stock signals and installed them tonight. I coated all the sliver on the sides of the bike with black plastidip. It is looking trick.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great Steve. Have you decided what bar you will use?

I have just ordered the FZ1 bars for my FZ6N. Nice Drag Bars, sit somewhere between standard fz6n bars and clip ons. I reckon they will give me just enough weight over the front wheel, without comprimising comfort.

Worth considering?

W

wrightme43

Yeah they are on the list.
I am thinking those convertibars are the way to go for me though. I really like the way they look. I would need a new top clamp or have to make a new braquet for the display that mounts to the top clamp.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I coated all the sliver on the sides of the bike with black plastidip. It is looking trick.

Wow, great looking bike. Everyday the street fighter look is getting more appealing. :thumbup:

Careful with the Plastidip. It's pretty durable, but once you nick it, it'll peel like rubber. Great to use on some parts, but I'd be cautious with high friction areas.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup:Looking good Steve,

I like the speed triple looking front.

Nelly

ps still trying to suss out photobucket.

sDSCF2433.jpg

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

Wow, great looking bike. Everyday the street fighter look is getting more appealing. :thumbup:

Careful with the Plastidip. It's pretty durable, but once you nick it, it'll peel like rubber. Great to use on some parts, but I'd be cautious with high friction areas.

Well its too late now. LOL

If it comes off I will keep trying untill I get it right.

Its all black now.

Barend mirrors ordered lastnight, stock turns modifed and reattached.

Its road ready except for the mirrors.

Thanks guys.
I still have to find a dark road and adjust the lights.