I bought an '07 R6!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, almost. After admiring my FZ6 every single day, my roomate ended up buying a brand new '07 R6 today. He paid $8300 before taxes and fees. Additional $2000 for a 3 year service plan, which includes all scheduled service for 3 years, plus tire and rim replacement. And they threw in a Scorpion helmet too. The reason I titled this thread is because I plan to ride his bike a lot. Even though he has good experience riding a dirt bike, he has zero experience riding a streetbike in traffic. I told him he choose a bike that is very unforgiving for a first time rider. Regardless, at least I have somebody to go riding with on the weekends. For the time being, it has saved me a trip to LaLa land or according to Sportrider, Hell, to go and visit and ride with our southern Cal. members. I will post pics as soon as I have a chance.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
He has no experience on a street bike and he has bought an R6 !!??

You need to break it in for him Vegas and show him the ropes :)

Awsome machine though !!! If only I had the confidence or more importantly the ability to handle an R6 safely !!

Tell him to go easy and keep us all posted on his progress on YOUR new bike lol :thumbup:

W

wrightme43

You might take out a spark plug and tell him that is just what it sounds like. LOL

Make him practice alot. Try for 2-3 hours a day in a parking lot untill he can stop like a champ form 45 and hit his marks every time.

Mean precrash speed for most motorcycle crashes with left turners is 29.8. Mean Crash speed is 21.5 mph.
It allows two seconds of reaction time.
29.8 is about 44 feet per second. 88 feet total.
Practice your emergency stops and you have 88 feet to work with. YOU can stop in 45 feet.
No wreck.
But why do people only slow 8 mph in two seconds? NO PRACTICE.

77.1% collision contact area
from 11-1 O'clock.
43.5% from just 11-12 O'clock.
Make sure you can stop. Hope this helps. Very few crashes are unavoidable. Accidents happen to little kids when they cant get to the bathroom on time.
Motorcycle crashes kill and maim. I didnt have time to practice is not a good excuse to me. LOL

S

sportrider

tell your friend to join the forum!!! we have an R1 rider already, besides our engine is sourced from an R6, and it is a YAMAHA!!!!:rockon::D

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just went for a ride on my roomates brand new R6 tonight. I can still smell that new engine odor. First thing I noticed immediatley is that the clutch engagement was very smooth and easy. The bike engine seemed much quieter and much smoother. There was no vibration from the engine or from the handle bars. I only went up to about 9000 rpms. Very quick bike. It only had 15 miles, so I don't have to tell you about the gripping on the tires, so my turns were pretty much non exhistent. I will take it out for more of an extensive test ride tomorrow during the afternoon.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you believe it, the new R6 doesn't even have a fuel gauge. Maybe it has one, but I was fiddling around with the speedo controls and couldn't find it.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you believe it, the new R6 doesn't even have a fuel gauge. Maybe it has one, but I was fiddling around with the speedo controls and couldn't find it.

Send it back lol

How will you manage !!! :p

Def keep us posted ... I want a full 160mph review !!!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First thing I noticed immediatley is that the clutch engagement was very smooth and easy.
How does the clutch compare to the FZ-6's? That's the one thing I'm still having trouble with, and I realized the day after I completed the MSF course that I didn't stall the engine on the Kawasaki I was assigned once during the entire weekend, yet I stalled my FZ twice that night! :eek:

S

sportrider

no they don't, they just have a low fuel light. (at least on a 03) I love the R6!!!! although if I bought a new one I'd go with an R6S

Last edited by a moderator: