It begins 8-24-08

W

wrightme43

Got back from Indiana (suxxozors!!) earlier. Checked my mailbox and there is my GSG-Moto custom headlamp.

Its laid out in the garage. Pics to follow. I am starting the install now, and it may take a while to get everything fitted.

W

wrightme43

well there is a problem.

The headlamp brackets attach to the fork great.
The headlamps accept after removal of the supplied harness the factory yamaha harness just fine, except the adaptor for the low beam has to modified a bit.

Here is the major problem. Now if this kit cost 120$ or so it would be no biggy. We are talking 415$ delivered. So there are not supposed to be any problems.

The holes in the braquets where the headlamp is supposed to mount are 6mm, machinced with a recess for a washer that fits a 6mm. The mount holes in the headlights take a 8mm 1.25 thread metric bolt. THAT IS NOT THERE! Even if it was there it still wouldnt fit thru the braquet hole.

Have you ever seen Eric Cartman? you know Soooo Pissseeedd offfff riighttt nowww..
I have been waiting since the begining of June. I could of got a cheap ass plastic clamped knock off and been done. I know I will settle down.

Here is the thing.
I can make it work. I just drill the hole out to the right size, I have two long 8mm by 1.25 thread bolts, they are too long and I would have to use a spacer untill I can get to the Diamond screw and get stainless socket head cap screws. But if I do that why in the hell did I pay 415$ freaking dollars?

ARRRGGGhhhhhh

They are beautiful though.

S

sportrider

sorry to hear your frustration, I got faith you'll get it sorted out:thumbup:

post some pics when you get time

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if everything went smoothly then you wouldn't have as much of a feeling of victory when you are done. Who wants it to be easy anyway?

Look forward to some pics soon!!!

W

wrightme43

Well if I sent it back it would be DECEMBER before I got it back soooo.
Screw it.
I will just made it work. The braquets are also supposed to be bent to come in and fit the headlamp assembly. They are flat. My vice, my workbench, all that stuff is gone from the fire so I had to make do with aluminum spacers untill I can ride it over to my friends house and make it perfect.

This is basicly a mock up that is tight and will work untill it can be finished.

I have to cut the fairing stay (also mount for display computer) apart and flip a section weld it back and then mount it to the upper triple clamp. But here goes. Excuse the wires, they will be loomed, I am just out. Excuse the dirty spacers, and the green bolts. They will all be changed out to shiny stainless but its sunday night and KY is closed on Sunday. LOL

W

wrightme43

Thanks man the bar risers have to go.
Needs bar end mirrors
Needs signals
Needs a flatter bar as well.

W

wrightme43

LOL.
I dont know. I rode a R6 and I just didnt like it. Kept bumping my forearm on the tank.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great. I agree the "granny" risers gotta go! ;) Maybe the FZ1 bar would be a nice solution?