good price?

bigshooter

Reaction score
Visit site
hi all.

i have been looking at the FZ6 for the last two years, i am borderline obsessed. it will be the first bike of any type (other than mountian) i have ridden in about 10 years, getting back into bikes i guess.

anyway, i found a new 07' for $5400 USD, my gut tells me i should jump on it........but for some reason i am second guessing myself.

sooooo......opinions?

BTW, have been looking for a good FZ6 forum for a long time, finally found one!. really glad to see one devoted entirely to the FZ6:rockon:

thanks all -

S

sportrider

GO GET IT!!! or at least post up where it is so someone from the forum can get that deal if your going to pass on it!!!

P.S. welcome aboard!!!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BigShooter, that beats what I paid for my '07 by $100, and I'm still tickled at what I got mine for! Just make sure to look the bike over for obvious signs it's been laid down; the previous owner of mine told me it'd never been laid down, but when I installed my frame sliders after I bought it I noticed the small scratches on the high point of the side frames. Looked like he probably just dropped it while parking, and the frame sliders covered it all up anyway, so I'm happy.

How many miles? I'd say jump on it, if you don't like it you can probably sell it for more than that. And posta phota! :thu:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just re-read your post, you're looking at a NEW bike! Grab it or I'll come yell at you!

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had my new 2007 for a few days now. I paid 6800. USD for it. That is not including TT&L. I don't believe I got a bargain, but I don't believe I was taken either. I probably could have gotten a better deal if I went to a dealership about 150 miles from here, but it was worth it to me to pay a little more at the dealership that is one mile from my house. I am lazy I guess.:(

If that is a new bike for such a low price, grab it before it gets away!!!!:thumbup:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
OMG !!!

You folks are so so so so lucky !!!

I paid £5000 for my 2007 FZ6 Which in the UK is a good price !! normally sell at £5299 ($10600 US)

You lucky lucky people :(

Oh and by the way ..... BUY IT !!!!! :thumbup:

but only if its blue ............

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
OMG !!!

You folks are so so so so lucky !!!

I paid £5000 for my 2007 FZ6 Which in the UK is a good price !! normally sell at £5299 ($10600 US)

You lucky lucky people :(

Yes, I have several friends from England and they whine all the time about how things are so much cheaper here in the US. But, living here, it doesn't seem cheap to us!:rolleyes:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, I have several friends from England and they whine all the time about how things are so much cheaper here in the US. But, living here, it doesn't seem cheap to us!:rolleyes:

United Kingdom .... Often referred to as RIP OFF BRITAIN !! :(

From clothes to electrical to houses .... We get stung with massive taxes ... Avg house price here is probably around the $500k US range ... I am classed as a so called proffessional but I live in a house smaller than where you probably store your bike !!! I could rant on but hey .... I have a BLUE FZ6 so I still smile :)

And still buy it !!!!!

bigshooter

Reaction score
Visit site
so i called to close the deal.........even got them down another $100.......did the papers over the phone..........scheduled next saturday pick-up, all's good.

10 minutes later i get a call............."yeah sorry, we don't have any in stock"

this is not a large shop, all 3 salesman would have known about it walking out the door recently, so i don't think it just up and sold. i do however think these guys are idiots and thought they had one in back.....real proffesionals,ha.

but i did find another one in the crate at a different shop and they will do $5899, which is more but i'm not sure it is too much more to scrap the deal.

anyway, it was heartbreak at about 10:00 this morning:( but i'm not giving up:thumbup:

S

sportrider

I have had my new 2007 for a few days now. I paid 6800. USD for it. That is not including TT&L. I don't believe I got a bargain, but I don't believe I was taken either. I probably could have gotten a better deal if I went to a dealership about 150 miles from here, but it was worth it to me to pay a little more at the dealership that is one mile from my house. I am lazy I guess.:(

If that is a new bike for such a low price, grab it before it gets away!!!!:thumbup:
don't kick yourself I paid $8399.00 otd with gap insurance. I don't feel bad at all!!!!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I paid $7200 OTD for an '06 in April. You may want to thumb through this thread, it has good more info on what we all paid. Hey Jonac, the British Pound Rules! Everything is two for one for you guys over here in the states.....come on over, the time can't be better. We are bombarded from all of the folks from the UK here in Vegas, since the pound is so strong.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/main-lobby/303-how-much-did-you-spend-your-fz6-7200-a.html

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
United Kingdom .... Often referred to as RIP OFF BRITAIN !! :(

Sorry, I meant United Kingdom.:D I wonder if your average income is higher than the US? That would explain things being more expensive there. Anyway, I guess it is all relative. Can you really put a price on fun? There is a much bigger fun factor with my FZ6 than I had riding my Vstar!

talus

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think I have to ask but I paid $5000 Canadian for a 2005 with 3300KM on it (yes 3,300 km) - what do you think of that price?

talus

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think I have to ask but I paid $5000 Canadian for a 2005 with 3300KM on it (yes 3,300 km) - what do you think of that price?

Ooops - it's a 2005 model.

That is about 2,050 miles and about $4700 USD. I'm only wondering because I'm thinking of selling it and want to know what a fair asking price would be.

Last edited:

bigshooter

Reaction score
Visit site
update..............

made a deal on the last blue 07' FZ6 in MN, $6119.00.........OTD.

probably not the best deal ever but i know it's far from the worst. picking it up this coming saturday, or next saturday weather permiting.

:rockon:

- BS