Dropped It Today

Coskie

Reaction score
Visit site
For the first time I dropped my bike today. It was on a slow turn in very freaking loose gravel.

I'm so pissed right now I could fight a bear!!

Thankfully not too much damage. Scratched the right mirror minorly but did take a pretty big scuff mark on the right side of the engine (clutch housing?). I'll be replacing it ASAP and buying frame sliders.

No damage to fairing/tank.

Lame

rvbiker

Reaction score
Visit site
That’s got to be one of the worst feeling there is:mad: and it’s usually gravel that causes it. It doesn’t sound like the bike suffered much damage.

I’ve ordered stuff from these guys in the past and they are good to work with.

OEM Parts at BikeBandit.com

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
dude that sucks. you sound ok though, be thankful for that. I know people who were going less than 5 mph, stalled, and broke their collar bone. I dont know how, but I now know that its possible. Glad your ok.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the Klub! Administrators: maybe there should be "Drop Klub" section? Coskie: if the casing is only scuffed, have you considered this: Yamaha 0582 Mat Black #2 (MBL2) - ColorRite
You could also check Cycle Surge.com for cheaper shipping. Sorry to hear about the drop. I dropped/slid mine a couple of weeks ago. Sucks! Luckily, I had frame sliders and suffered minimal damage (no cracked faring, casings, tank dent). I also think I might have lost a few ounces of coolant (gotta check that today!)

Coskie

Reaction score
Visit site
After a long night of sleep I feel a little better about it! You're all right, I'm glad I'm not hurt. I was wearing protective gear and didn't even get my pants dirty! : )

Tailgate, thanks for the info on that paint. I think it'll do the job very well!

I'll try to get pics up, but I'm still very embarassed.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Less than a week ago for me, that is a sucky feeling. But hey, the first scratch is the worst, right?

Bill3508

Reaction score
Visit site
That sux. I noticed while out riding into the neighborhood yesterday that the winds with tropical storm Fay had blown a lot of pine needles out of the trees that were lightly covering the road and I could feel the back in slipping slightly in the corners. Just made me be a little more careful.

Bill3508

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear but be glad it wasn't an @-speed fall! Now she's got her first scratches, so go ride it like a tool and not a toy!