Linex Yamaha

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
Big up to our local dealer.

Yamaha SA is full of nonsense, as posted before. Yamaha is very undersold here, with no real action / advertising or anything really.

Enter Linex. On a cycle event that Think Bike marshalled, the Tour de Soweto, Stuart of Linex arrived with 9 demo bikes for the marshalls to use.

6 TDM 900's, an FZ1, a Drag Star 1100, and a scooter.

Aside from adding a really fun aspect to the event, the bikes got excellent reviews, especially the big fazer. Most of the guys ride BMW, so going jap was different for them.

One of the bikes that really got everyone's attention was the MT-03, a motard type bike, with the XT 600 engine. I rode it yesterday, and what a lot of fun!!

Definitely looking forward to seeing and riding more Yamahas in the future. The best thing about it is getting back on MY fazer 600 .... and going for a ride :rockon:

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats cool. I wish they would do something like that around here. Before I bought my fz6 I was looking at a buell and the salesman was talking about how they used to do rentals on the buells but with the high rate of accidents they stopped. Did you ride the fz1?

Empty

Reaction score
Visit site
They can afford to do these outings, with what they charge for services.

Did a 7000km service - R2,880 - only pugs and oil - what a crock! Sadly, they won't be seeing me again

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
Ouch, that is hectic.
They just tried to nail me R1500 for a freakin BATTERY :eek: .... no i'm not paying that, mosskays quoted R600 ....

All the same standard lead acid batteries :Flip:

Servicing is easy though, oil sparks etc ... let me know if you need a hand, ps i got the workshop manual if you want to look anything up.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When I saw the title, I thought someone has sprayed their bike with truck bed liner. :D