Bob is the Oil Guy - Oil & Filtration Testing

A

Aggietaco

Found this site again while posting in a K&N thread. It's a really informative site with some good information if you've got time to browse/read. Has a lot of good info on different oil types, oil filters, air filters, etc and their performance.

Good site to bookmark when you're laid up in bed and don't have anything else worth doing.

Bob Is The Oil Guy

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Isn't there a major bounty on members who try to start a new oil thread? Oh oh, I already smell Shell Rotella die hards ready to re-engage....

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Isn't there a major bounty on members who try to start a new oil thread? Oh oh, I already smell Shell Rotella die hards ready to re-engage....

and you better use pure one oil filters........

I dont really think this is on that topic of oil thread. he was looking out for you on a rainy day with something to read.......Thanks:thumbup:

I do love oil threads though!

A

Aggietaco

I guess I haven't been here long enough to know we've got oil Nazis.

...Mobil 1 FTW! ;)

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
I just switched to the best oil there is Walmart brand and I just wash the old filter out in cold soapy water and reuse it. No need to change the oil till after 25,000 miles.:rolleyes:

W

wrightme43

Funny you mention that Pete. My dads 64 cutlass convertable had one. It was pretty cool.

On the nazis Goodwins law on the first page. New record.

A

Aggietaco

Sweet, this is going to be more entertaining that I could have hoped!

icon_popcorn.gif

W

wrightme43

'64 Cutlass, very cool car! 442?
It was the last year of the F85. It is the trick on though.
330 cid with a two speed powerglide with cooler.
Power top. flip around ashtray, mirrors on Both SIDES! LOL
British racing green with green interior.

It is being proffesionally redone exterior and interior now.
I built the motor thats in it now.
350 (.30 over) 4 bolt. Eldebrok performer cam, lifters, rockers,intake and carb matched package. hedman headers. Double hump heads (undrilled for accesories) 2.02 1.60 valves.
Turbo 350 trans with cooler and shift kit.
3.90 posi rearend.

He has had it since I was 14. 21 years now. I learned to drive in that car. Also learned about women in that car. It rocks.
He still has the orginal motor and trans in the garage. It was just going to be way to much to fix it. I had this one in my truck so it went into the car.

Like this except now it black with black all chrome removed and filled.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wrightme43

Amsoil is like KY for dragons. Just saying you know. If you dont want to come out in the garage and find a dragon having a go at your bike, use Mobil One (now with dragon repellant!)

A

Aggietaco

It is being proffesionally redone exterior and interior now.
I built the motor thats in it now.
350 (.30 over) 4 bolt. Eldebrok performer cam, lifters, rockers,intake and carb matched package. hedman headers. Double hump heads (undrilled for accesories) 2.02 1.60 valves.
Turbo 350 trans with cooler and shift kit.
3.90 posi rearend.

Such a nice car to go and ruin it with a plain jane motor selection.