mirrored/reflective visors at night?

paulman

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know if you can see through one of those reflective visors at night? I like wearing my tinted shield during the day but now that dusk comes earlier it sucks trying to see in the dark.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
ditto....bad idea.

Someone on here (I think it was Vegasrider????) once mentioned a simple solution to the problem of getting caught out at night with a tinted face shield: clear safety glasses. If it's too dark to see well through the tint, just put them on and ride with the face shield up. I thought that was such an elegantly simple solution that I now permanently keep a pair of safety glasses in all of my motorcycle jackets, just in case.

Good luck and stay safe!

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had my mirrored sheild on my HJC one evening riding with my girlfriend on the back. It started getting a little darker then, BAM, couldn't hardly see anything. We were out in the country and there were deer and stuff, so I stopped and traded helmets with her. Also worked well cause she couldn't see the deer on the sides of the road so she stopped freaking out the whole time. With my GMAX, I just bring my sunglasses with me and use those during the day and take them off at night.