Hello newbie here help?

sparkey

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone newbie here from uk.

Just wondered if i could get a little help, i know a lot to ask being a new member and all that......but............

I currently have an R6 2000 (W), thought it was about time i treated myself to a brand new bike. I'm torn between FZ6 S2 naked and the FZ6 S2 Fazer (faired).

The only thing i can say is i really feel like a complete change from R6, really like the competition white but as you know this only comes in the naked.

Any help would be gratefully received

Thanks all:D:D

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its up to you what you like the look of the naked or the faired...sorry i can`t choose it for you.

Mine is the faired silver and black from 2006, personally, I don`t like the white FZ6 at all. In fact it is the only colour I don`t like.

Steve

danishman9

Reaction score
Visit site
hey,sparkey got a black 2006 naked with carbon cans on ,great 2 ride without fairing on had a half faired bandit before,prefere the naked but test ride them both then u'll know.cheers

danishman9

Reaction score
Visit site
hey steve.just wondering where abouts in denmark u live i use 2 live thyboron and thinking about going back over there on the bike but trying 2 find a cheap ferry crossing.any help in the matter would b great.thanks

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i love the looks of the nakeds, but love the weather protection of the fairings, so i choose function and form over just form and prefer the faired one. you can always paint the faired one with the competition white colors.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey steve.just wondering where abouts in denmark u live i use 2 live thyboron and thinking about going back over there on the bike but trying 2 find a cheap ferry crossing.any help in the matter would b great.thanks

Dover - Calais (regular crossings) or ramsgate-oostende (cuts out a bit of riding time) then ride all the way home, Steve did it a month ago (travelling from Normandy) but it depends where you live in UK of course.

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
Let's stay on topic people! Both of those bikes look great. I have the faired version but its kinda big and goofy in a way which is why I'd like to replace it. I think there may be a slight performance difference between the s2 and the naked version, maybe someone can back me up on that. I dont know how much modding you want to do but I think the white would look freaking sweet. Good luck :rockon:

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
I would say it depends on how fast you like to ride and how much wind protection you want. The consensus from my friends with naked bikes (a ducati monster and a speed triple) seems to be that above 120 the wind gets kinda hairy, but if your not gonna be pushing it that far and you have your heart set on the white one then get the naked bike and enjoy! :thumbup:

W

wrightme43

I think the white naked rocks.
Then again I am a Yank and what do we know. LOL

Maybe its a I want what I cant have but damn it looks good to me.

So much that I just went ahead and crashed mine so I convert to naked.:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

It will be painted white this winter.

B

bluenova

For me it came down to money. I like them both but I prefer the faired, I went for the naked because it was considerably cheaper than the faired version.