Olympia GEL REFLECTOR Gloves

rvbiker

Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted a pair of riding gloves for warm weather riding and came across these at cycle gear.

View Olympia Gloves

I used them for about 400 miles so far in warm weather, 90+ deg. The gloves have a gel/leather palm with simulated leather fingers. The panels between the fingers are made of lycra and while riding provide a cooling effect when the fingers are spread. The back of the glove is made of abrasion resistant nylon. Initially, the gel palm made the glove a little tight across the back of the hand but as I wore them the it started to loosen. The gel palm tends to spread the pressure from the handlebars across a larger area of my hands and they don’t seem get as tires as fast. The simulated leather on the fingers provide a nice no-slip grip but I would have much preferred that they be leather. The gloves has reflective piping along the back of the glove and insert panels in each finger.

My prior gloves were all leather with perforated finger panels and my hands would always sweat in warm weather causing the gloves to be crusty and hard when dried. My hands have been relatively cool and have yet to sweat with the new gloves.

These seem to be fine warm weather gloves but I'm not sure how much protection they would provide in a high speed fall.