Rear Turn Signal (Electrical Help)

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed the Rizoma LED rear turn signals pictured below.
2773177926_280883d4ac.jpg

The problem is that the rear turn signals do not work now. Furthermore, it appears I have blown the rear license tail plate light fuse. When I connected the factory turn-signals they worked with out a problem, but the rear plate light still does not work.

Here are some shots of the wiring for the aftermarket signals.
This is a shot of the original rear light connectors on the bike.
2772329879_40e4fb0e25.jpg

Photo below shows the black small box coming off the rear right signal light which in turn connects to a adapter cable to fit the factory wiring. The adapter cable come with three cables; red, black and red+white (which I think is ground and does not to be used?).
2772330169_ef02a7c389.jpg

Below I simply match black male to black female and red male to red female on the adapter. Then I simply plug in to the bike's terminals as shown on picture 2.
2773178222_074bc68be7.jpg

As you can see the other end of the adaptor is designed to fit in to the bikes terminals. I made sure I matched the Left light to Left, etc.
2773178472_bd0db6ce66.jpg

After the wiring is complete the turn signals do not light. We've already established that the tail plate light probably has a blown fuse so that does not light either.
Suggestions? Help please. Otherwise I'd have to visit a local stealership for help.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is there a way to power the LEDs themselves, to make sure they're not defective? Don't know if that's common, but the wiring is pretty stone-simple...
Good luck!

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure how to connect them to a power source of their own. I have a volt meter. Hmm... The instructions did not reccomend them being connected without the black box (pictured below and opened)
2773395558_f8666e435f.jpg

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Figured it out... Thanks Botch for the tip on connecting them directly. By method of elimination :thumbup: I took out the adapter and tried connecting the blinkers directly to the bike. Voila they operate properly.

So word to the wise; for all you that ordered blinkers other than those that come with the Two Bros. exhaust, do not use the adapters mentioned in a previous post: http://www.600riders.com/forum/gara...9-replacing-rear-signal-lights.html#post74918

On the other hand, it is possible I accidently loosened the connectors on the adapters and the rear plate light adapter.

2772631003_8fb5f14f83.jpg

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure how to connect them to a power source of their own. I have a volt meter. Hmm... The instructions did not reccomend them being connected without the black box (pictured below and opened)
2773395558_f8666e435f.jpg

Well there's your problem Chris, I can see from this picture. It's from the U.K. :justkidding: