Laminar Lip - Review

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Since I got a PM asking about my thoughts on the Laminar Lip I figured I'd also throw them out here as well.

I got the Laminar Lip with my bike from the previous owner along with a Yamaha touring windscreen. I've tried all the combinations of these - just stock, stock+laminar lip, just touring and touring+laminar lip. I find that the stock+laminar lip gives about the same wind protection as the touring screen without as much turbulence around my helmet (I'm 5'10"). The touring+laminar lip blocked a lot of wind but I could see the outside edges flexing at highway speeds so that seemed not so good. As a result I'm using the stock+laminar lip as my current setup. It is a little weird looking to an innocent bystander.

I'm glad that the previous owner did the install as I'm not sure that drilling the mount holes on the curved plastic of the stock screen without marring it would be so easy - I assume they taped where they were working. It's easy enough the remove and install at this point - just four nylon nuts and bolts that you can tighten sufficiently with a flat bladed screwdriver and your hand.

Overall it works for me, although I often wonder if a Puig screen would do the same and look less funky. This is about the best picture I have of it right now.

Last edited: