ICON Hooligan Denim Pants - Review

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I recently purchased a pair of ICON Holligan Denim Pants from Sandhills Power Sports for $73.00 USD.

Hooligan_pant_denm_Frnt.jpg

Hooligan_pant_denm_Bk.jpg

Just did a 500km trip this weekend of the very scenic Sunshine Coast/Vancouver Island out here in BC. I wore these pants for the whole trip as well as for a week of commuting. Here are my thoughts and impressions.

Features and Fit:

Double layer denim hip panel
Aramid® reinforced knees
Articulated knee panels
Unique Icon distressing
Zippered front pockets

They fit really nice and have very long leg sizes in order to keep your ankles covered when in a seated riding position. I have short legs to begin with (30" inseam) so these are ridiculously long if I'm not wearing boots. Was thinking about getting them hemmed, but tried them out 'stock' first.

They are very comfy and I love the "look" of them. I feel more comfotable and slightly better protected than just wearing regular jeans.

They are very comfortable to wear both riding and walking around in. An added bonus. The streatchy and somwhat vented inner thigh area is very nice!
They never 'bunch up' and to get a nice breeze, just open your legs away from your tank for a few seconds!

The only issue I had with them was the stiching around the button hole came undone after the first time I wore them (made in China...need I say more). An hour later with a needle and thread and I had re-stiched the button hole myself.

I dont find them overly warm on hot days. I find my Joe Rocket pants too hot in the summer so I don't wear them, but then give up on their protection. I bought these ICON's to help bridge this gap. Better than regular jeans with slightly more protection and double material in places, but not as warm or as padded as my JR pants.

As for style..mehh..they are jeans. I do like the bits of black elastic fabric in them, but I could do without the slogan printed down the side of each leg. The waist is a little higher than normal jeans......brings back warm, fuzzy memories of the 80's!!

I think they are a good "in between" pant and better suited for summer riding.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear they're extra-long; I want to get some protective pants but have a 38" inseam. I'll have to give these a try.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
By strange chance I bought a pair of biking jeans today.

I got them from JTS - I went to the factory shop at Coalville - but you can get them off the net or any number of distributors.

Cost me £70, they look like ordinary blue jeans, save for some extra stitching here & there. The hips, knees & bum are lined with Kevlar & they have internal pockets at the knees for CE armour.

I find typically with bike gear I have to buy a size larger than ordinary wear. However, these were of the peg at my normal size. They do a short, reg & long leg.

Haven't road tested them on the bike yet. But I've been wearing them for the last 3 hours & they are just as comfy as regular blue jeans.

Hopefully, there should be a picture of them to follow.