JohnP Interview

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We have some great photographers on the forum for example...JohnP

What do you do for a living?
Monday through Friday I write computer programs. On the weekends I photograph gymnastics events and weddings. My daughter, who competed in gymnastics for 13 years, now photographs with me. Recently I had the opportunity to spend a day photographing world champion Nastia Liukin at a gymnastics training camp. I brought my daughter along and she got to hang out with Nastia in between the photography. Nastia is competing this week for team U.S.A. in Beijing so we have a lot of interest in the Olympics this year.

How long have you owned your FZ6?
Since May. I was riding a Goldwing GL1800 last year. For some reason the FZ6 feels so much more flickable than the 'Wing! :)

What other modes of transport do you have?
2007 Toyota Camry, 1996 Honda Accord which at 170000 miles still runs great, Gary Fisher Mountain bike, Lemond Zurich road bike and some rollerblades kicking around that I haven't used in years.

If you could have any bike what would it be?
I've been reading up a lot about electric vehicles lately. Battery technology is evolving very rapidly and soon viable electric vehicles of all sorts will be obtainable. I'd love to get my hands on a electric motorcycle that could do 75mph for a decent distance. At the other end of the spectrum, I think Jay Leno's MTT Y2K Turbine bike would be pretty cool to own.

What are your hobbies apart from the bike?
Photography, bicycling, camping, large scale model rocketry, R/C Planes, and flying real airplanes (putt-putt planes as my wife puts it), although I'm not currently current.

What is the best place you have visited on your travels and why?
I took the family to EAA's Oshkosh Airventure in 2001. Oshkosh is the "gotta go at least once in your lifetime" trip to make if you are an aviation enthusiast. Over 14000 airplanes of every type, size, shape and color, flew in for the week. It was paradise! At one of the air shows, which run every afternoon, two P-51 Mustangs landed, rolled up the flight line and parked about 50ft away from where we were sitting. Aviation legends Chuck Yeager and Bud Anderson climbed out. Unreal.

Describe yourself in three words?
Always Learning More

If you could redesign any household (including garage) appliance what would it be and why?
I'd redesign the Microwave into a Star Trek replicator. Making dinner would become infinitely easier!

Which invention in history would you most like to have come up with?
The Airplane of course.

If you ruled the world, what is the first thing you would outlaw?
Stupid and Corrupt Politicians

If you were forced to entertain us all at the Forum Christmas party - what would your talent be?
You could force me to play the piano, but you'd have to suffer the consequences.

Snow or beach?
Beach

Windows or Mac?
Windows

F1 or MotoGP?
MotoGP 4sure

Which track or album rocks your boat?
KT Tunstall's "Eye To The Telescope" is a recent favorite

What is your favourite film?
Saving Private Ryan, Apollo 13, Terminator 1 and 2, The Fifth Element and most of the Star Wars movies are up there on my list.

Meat or Veg?
Meat

What is your favourite beverage?
Gin and Tonic

And finally, your number one rule in life?
Live for today for tomorrow may never come.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I need to party with JohnP; he likes motorcycle, bicycles and photography. The best part is he likes Gin!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's no small wonder why your photos are so great. You've chosen with with an eye for capturing the elements that comprise a true "photographic" shot!

Thanks John! Great interview! :steve:

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Recently I had the opportunity to spend a day photographing world champion Nastia Liukin at a gymnastics training camp. I brought my daughter along and she got to hang out with Nastia in between the photography. Nastia is competing this week for team U.S.A. in Beijing so we have a lot of interest in the Olympics this year.

Very cool! I just watched Nastia win gold in the all-around last night and she was fantastic in the team competition. Anybody else watch? It was an amazing competition. USA took gold and silver for the all around.