I gotta have more growl!

C

clockworkjon

Just got an `07 FZ6, went with the blue one since its faster than the red. =o ) Looking for an exhaust, don't really trust YouTube clips. I don't want loud and whiny, looking for a little growlier. The TwoBros clip is encouraging but I can only hear it idling. The Devil sounds great too. Anyone out there with exhaust mods, help!

Ease of installation would be nice too. I'm not the most mechanically inclined person in the world. Thanks!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I get my Two Brothers tomorrow, and will install it on Wednesday. I will get a video clip with sound to.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you PM me with your telephone number, I will idle and red line my bike over the phone for you, so you can hear the Scorpion exhaust. Offer stands for anyone, as long as you live in the US (sorry others, my cell phone minutes don't count outside of the US).

I will of course choose a mutually convenient time (can't wake up the neighbors after all :D)

It never sounds quite the same standing still as it does under load of acceleration, but it's better than nothing right :Flip:

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
i gear down and ride in higher rpms for 'growl' :)

i can vouch for gmickeys bike...sounds great. wavex finally put up his lasers...this is a video he made about it:
[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWUGxXYyRLc[/nomedia]

this has got to sound much better without it revving in nuetral, keep that in mind.

Last edited:
C

clockworkjon

If I went with the Two Bros, would I have to get a new PC too? Or a fender eliminator kit? Or cat eliminator. Or any other stuff? A lot of forums I've read seem to mention those things with exhaust upgrades. Or can I just go with the slip-on exhaust and call it a day (without any downside)? I'm happy with the performance of the bike as it is. I'm really just looking for more and better noise! Right now its like a moped on steroids.

Simple=good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
oops I just posted that vid in a new thread :)

If you want VERY loud (too loud imo), growlier, deeper, get Two Bros, if you want growlier, deeper and a little louder than stock (it's actually quite loud and will get LEOs' attention), get the Lasers.

To me, these are the only 2 pipes to consider for the Fizzer.
Edit: and maybe the scorpions that Mickey has, they sound awesome too :))

You can use both with or without a PC (certainly a little better with PC, but not required).

Last edited:

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
Like all youtube exhaust videos, there's aecustics to consider if you see where they're recording the video :p but today I heard wavex's bike and it sounds really great up to 4k rpm. above that, its 'louder' but the tone depth seems somewhat similar to what I got from my airbox mod.
I really hope wavex will borrow my airbox lid for a few minutes and record the sound difference :)

If you notice in the video, when its in higher rpm's the 'depth' tone remains the same. this is something i noticed in real life too. Sounds GOOD but i was hoping that would go deeper and louder like it does on cars. I also didn't hear a tone difference with the engine under a load (not in nuetral, but riding and accelerating) compared to when is in nuetral.

yeah, and I almost crashed into cars looking at those 4 pipes while splitting lanes :) not a good idea. his bike really looks nice and he keeps it very shiny.

By the way, wavex, did you notice the HP difference between my bike and yours? I don't think we rode around enough for that though...never got used to your clutch and i'm sure vice versa :)

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
It's growls up to like 8-10k, then the sound is the same to me... 4k is on the low side there PCH :) But your airbox mod does make yours sound louder than stock, so you may not have heard the diff... I can easily hear the diff.

Nope, did not notice any HP diff between my previous stock and this setup... neither with your bike since I was cruising (was not aggressive).

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice thanks :)

I am a little suprised though, this does not sound as "growly" as the other youtube video of the 2 Bros... Maybe they need to be broken in a little... I hear the Lasers sound growlier after putting some miles on them.
Edit: or maybe it's because I am listening to it on my laptop at work and I am missing the bass frequencies... :)

Looks awesome though :rockon:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, must be the lack of proper speakers in my laptop... went on a ride yet? did you wake up the whole town? :)

C

clockworkjon

I think we have a winner!

That sounds niiiiiiice! Makes my decision a lot easier. Enjoy the new pipes!