anybody here use an I-pod

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
I know some of you will have safety issues and they may be justified. But one could argue that 100+ mph is unsafe or illeagal as well.

that said.... :thumbup:

anybody use one... I wear only one earbud and where do you put it ....

I use a nano and hang it on my neck with a lanyard (inside my shirt -of course)

just curious

bikerider

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use my Nano when im in the country. I just put one bud in and run the wire under my jacket. I store the nano in my tank bag so its easy to get to. I dont use it in the city since theres so much going on around me.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I also use a nano that I clip to the handlebars. I love music and riding, so they go hand in hand. I just need to find a decent set of earphone to use with a helmet.

Abnatare

04 FZ6 Blue with 2bros
Reaction score
Visit site
How are you clipping yours to the handlebars?

I visited helmetaudio.com to buy my speakers. Works great because it also has an inline volume control.

My Joe Rocket jackey has a port that leads outside the jacket and into an inside chest pocket where I put the ipod but would like the handlebar option better i think.

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
I use a zen micro MP3 player with JVC noise isolation ear plugs. These plug squeeze down just like earplugs, and act like earplugs when the music is off. This allows me to substitute music for wind noise. I put the player in my chest pocket. I can sometimes, hit the rewind or skip forward by pressing the right button, through my gloves and jacket, while riding

Abnatare

04 FZ6 Blue with 2bros
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a link for the mount I bought for my iPod nano. I found that it works perfectly with my 1st gen nano but the 2nd generation nanos are slimmer and rounded so it doesnt stay in the holster as well. As a result I simply had to put a rubber band around the unit to securely hold it in place until I can find the time to add in some thin foam on the side of the holder to secure the nano. Or I may just continue to use the 1st gen nano on rides.

Works great though.

Strata Systems iBikeMount - 14046

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
I keep my ipod in the clear sleve of my tank bag. I can use all the controls through the plastic with gloves on. I use Sony s2 earphones (well they came with the s2 cd player at least). they wrap over the ears and have little buds.

Circe

Reaction score
Visit site
I use the Nano but only use one earbud, always in the left ear for some weird reason feels weird having it on the right :) Going to need to look into speakers though, now that I have the FZ and its quite a bit louder than the SV was
I just slide it into the window of my tankbag and route the cords down the inside of my jacket. Works good except when I have heavier winter gloves on, cant change songs or volume then.