bridgestone battleaxe tires

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
As I often do when i'm bored, I look up stuff on my bike and google search it. I got the name of my tires that came with my FZ6 and when I did google search I got...
Nabble - Triumph Trophy - Dangerous Bridgestone Battleaxe B 020's - Check Yours !!!
What I need to know for my piece of mind, have any of you had any problems with the tires comeing apart? Thanks for the info, Bridgestone has been in the radar latey with bad suv tires so if there is a problem i'll get some new rubber.
peace out.

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
4400 mi8les so far and over 150 mph with no problems.

Though I am going to switch to pilot powers when the time comes. They seem to grip the curves a little better.

S

sportrider

4400 mi8les so far and over 150 mph with no problems.

Though I am going to switch to pilot powers when the time comes. They seem to grip the curves a little better.
+1 on the pilots, ran battle axes on my GPZ900 had no probs with them. other members bikes came with them mine came with the dunlopes.

gr8eyes

Reaction score
Visit site
The 020's are fit std on the FJR 1300. Alot of guys like them and never have problems. Now the Metz Z-6 have been known to split their carcass.

I don't even know whats on my bike, but i'd be happy with 020's

W

wrightme43

8500 miles on bt 020
I am very happy with them.
It is time to replace them soon though.
Usually when you see a tire failure, 90% of the time it is due to running with low air pressure.

Think about this.
Your tire goes from round to flat on the ground constantly moving and flexing, leaning, and flexing, just over and over and over and over. Tires are the absolutely most important piece of safety equiptment on your bike.
Even more important than you, because no matter what you want the bike to do, if the tires dont do their job it wont happen.
Basicly check your pressure often. Every time you stop, feel the tires, for excessive heat, look at them everytime you walk near the bike. Its your only connection to the pavement before you get to test out your gear.
Most blowouts are caused by picking up a nail or other slow leak that allows the tire to get hotter and hotter as it works harder than it can. If you check frequently you more than likely will never experince it.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
8500 miles on bt 020
I am very happy with them.
It is time to replace them soon though.
Usually when you see a tire failure, 90% of the time it is due to running with low air pressure.

Think about this.
Your tire goes from round to flat on the ground constantly moving and flexing, leaning, and flexing, just over and over and over and over. Tires are the absolutely most important piece of safety equiptment on your bike.
Even more important than you, because no matter what you want the bike to do, if the tires dont do their job it wont happen.
Basicly check your pressure often. Every time you stop, feel the tires, for excessive heat, look at them everytime you walk near the bike. Its your only connection to the pavement before you get to test out your gear.
Most blowouts are caused by picking up a nail or other slow leak that allows the tire to get hotter and hotter as it works harder than it can. If you check frequently you more than likely will never experince it.

Just checked mine and found the front at 24 psi and the back at 28 psi.

YIKES! - Adjusted to 33 psi and 36 psi per owners manual and my weight.

The reason I suspected low pressure was that the wear band in the center of my rear seemed to be getting wider.

Please, no lectures :eek:.........I haven't checked my tire pressure ever! 4,000 miles on the bike. I guess I should consider myself lucky.