Autocom Install

Incendo

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2007 FZ6 and want to hard-wire an Autocom system into the bike. Would really appreciate any advice / instructions from anyone who may have done this before.

Cheers

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
What's your question? Autocom sells a direct wiring option, if your unit didn't already come with one. I wired my Autocom, and a bunch of other electronics, using Powerlet parts Powerlet :: Tank Bag Kits. They work great. I installed everything into a Super-Mini tank bag for convenience... since every cable I got seems to be one meter long, when I really need about six inches. Anyway, ask away with specific questions.

Incendo

Reaction score
Visit site
What's your question? Autocom sells a direct wiring option, if your unit didn't already come with one. I wired my Autocom, and a bunch of other electronics, using Powerlet parts Powerlet :: Tank Bag Kits. They work great. I installed everything into a Super-Mini tank bag for convenience... since every cable I got seems to be one meter long, when I really need about six inches. Anyway, ask away with specific questions.

Sorry, guess I should have been a little more specific. Did you wire your Autocom directly to the bike's system or did you use something like the Centech fuse panel for wiring. I don't really know anything about wiring / electrics so am just looking for some advice on the best (and easiest) way to install the Autocom.

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
As I tried to say before, I used a direct autocom connection to a Powerlet SAE adapter that eventually tied back to a passthru on my tankbag. I'd always make sure there's at least one fuse in the system for any add-on, although one is usually enough.

Sorry, guess I should have been a little more specific. Did you wire your Autocom directly to the bike's system or did you use something like the Centech fuse panel for wiring. I don't really know anything about wiring / electrics so am just looking for some advice on the best (and easiest) way to install the Autocom.