Hello from Lou, Ky

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
When I was a child, my dad got my brother and I a honda trail 70, I rode that thing all summer long. fast forward to early 20's, I rode a honda Nighthawk 650 that had a few strong modification. Fast forward to 2007 and I was riding a Honda Shadow VLX 600, too small gas tank, only 4 forward gears, no power, fight the wind. Yeah, I was ready for the FZ6, I bought it last thursday and I have not looked back. I have been keeping the revs at or around 7K rpm for the break in period, but the manual said not to get into high revs and stay there, so I didnt mind a few burst of lightspeed on the highway. I love this bike!!. Looked at a SV650 and kind of was interested in the Ninja 650R, but when all was said and done, the red FZ6 was my aim.
I wear a snell dot fulmer helmet, full face, joe rocket armor jacket, fingerless gloves, blue jeans and steel toe heavy duty ankle high boots. Gonna be a while before I can budget for some things like, a new can, etc etc.
Oh, I managed to hit 102 MPH before I realized I was going that fast, not even scarry considering how fast that was. keeping 70 to 80 is good for me. And, why is it everyone in a cage feels they have to pass me, Gods thats scarry stuff.
Happy riding all.

W

wrightme43

Hey fellow Kentuckian.
Shaggy on here is from Louisville or Lexington I can t remember too.
I am from down in Bowling Green.
Glad your here.

S

sportrider

welcome aboard!!! if you find yourself getting passed a lot, you might not be going as fast as the speedo indicates. the speedos all seem to be 5-10mph optimistic.:Sport:

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
=-/

That explains a lot then. However, even when i'm passing folks at a good clip there are always several cars on my 6 really tight up my backside and zipping by me at outrageous speeds for say, suv's, trucks etc.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally another Louisville fz6.....and it's a red one too :rockon:. Welcome to the club man. I'm pretty much a noob myself, this is my first bike. Got it towards the end of May and have managed to put a little over 2k on it since then...put a couple hundred on it this morning doing a loop through new albany out to brandenburg and back (one of the better rides in our area I've found). What part of louisville are you in? I live in the highlands and work out in Prospect, so if you see a tall hippy flying down 42 on a red bike with a white helmet that'd be me. Now that the numbers are moving up and the weather is improving, it might be time to talk about an east-central group ride? I saw a bunch of groups out today and fell like such a loser riding by myself.

Last edited:

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
=)

Hi shaggy. I live in valley station and work in okolona. My bike isnt my primary transportation as I have a company ford ranger i can take home. However, during the evenings when im home, the first thing I do is suit up and head out. I'm not wild and crazy and dont do blindingly fast speeds, or rip the twisties up yet. I graduated from a cruiser bike and I have no idea how to ride a more sporty type bike. So i'm slow and careful. If you have a mind too, I would like to ride with you someday, perhaps you can give me some pointers as you have more miles on your OD than I do.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
ha, don't mistake miles for more experience. I'm a total noob, first time I threw my leg over a bike was my MSF course back in May. I'm pretty tame on my bike compared to a lot of the other guys I see riding around town. Despite that, I still scare the crap out of myself sometimes ;). I'm always looking for someone to ride with. I've got a couple work buddies I ride with sometimes (a gsxr and ninja 250), you'd be more than welcome to join our "gang". Have fun and I'll be seeing you around town.

W

wrightme43

One day we all need to meet up at the natural bridge state resort park. I am wanting to go there so bad. Cumberland falls is probley too far for you guys.
Mammoth cave is way to close to me, unless you havent seen it, and the Corvette museum and plant is right here in town if you like them.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
Natural bridge is cool by me, haven't been there yet. Cumberland might be too far for a day trip but I could swing it for an overnighter....got a nice backpacking tent that will fit on the back of my bike no problem. Let's give it a little more time to cool down first though.....maybe late semptember/early october?

W

wrightme43

Sound good Shaggy. I will try and set it up, as it cools down.
Jfreak your welcome down here anytime. I was born a yankee in IL, but I renounced my yankee status. All you have to do is rub red mud all over your head, and say hooka locka wegie three times. Your still a yankee but nobody holds it against you.

W

wrightme43

Oddly enough, as soon as I said that. Guess what I did.
Went outside to try and figure out why the water company was calling and saying hey Steve, you have used 27000 gallons of water this month, normal is 3000-5000.

So my friend that owns Fords Plumbing here in B.G. came by. We climbed under the house and WOW!!! I have a cool fountian under my house. Soooooo I have been digging outside up next to the foundatian. Yep there is a leak. So now I have a groovy hole full of water out front, and a fountian under my house. I have red clay mud on me now. So I said hooka locka wegie and came in to wait till it cools off. I am going to turn the water off tomorrow morning, let it drain into the dirt, and figure out where the leak or leaks are. Its old galvanised pipe so it really needs to be replaced from the meter to the house.
Mike said about 1800$ to do that. It would involve busting up the side walk, ditchwitching the line out, and putting in new.
However the whole Tiffany goes beserk thing has tapped my funds. So I will just have decide what is best.
When it rains it pours. LOL

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
Something I tell all my friends when they find themselves in situations like this....I'm a big guy and in good shape, I'm pretty handy around the house, and best of all, I work for beer (probably best if you pay me after the job is done though :p). You could always do a south/east/central FZ6 get together/BBQ/fix steves house. :Flash: You've built up a lot of goodwill on here man, I'd say it's about time you put it to use.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, Shaggy is right! If my bread and butter season at work wasn't starting now - I would take a week and ride out to KY from CA and pick-axe that pipe up till my hands bled.

Like Shaggy said, as long as there was some beer at the end :D

$1,800 is a hardship cash quantity. Asking for a little help never hurt!

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
Sound good Shaggy. I will try and set it up, as it cools down.
Jfreak your welcome down here anytime. I was born a yankee in IL, but I renounced my yankee status. All you have to do is rub red mud all over your head, and say hooka locka wegie three times. Your still a yankee but nobody holds it against you.

i WOULD like to note that I went to school in KY.

so I have spent some time with you rednecks. lol, jk jk.