Worsts?

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
In keeping with the squirrel thread started by Bren a while back,

What is the worst thing you've hit, or have had happened to you?

Both segments of the question would be covered while I was riding my DRZ-400S last summer, I was following a pickup down a country road when he hit a skunk. I got misted pretty bad. I turned around and rode the 5 miles home without puking. Threw out my clothes, go tin the shower with a mixture of liquid laundry detergent, peroxide, baking soda and lemon juice, then a nice vinegar peel:Flash: After all of that, just to be sure I scrubbed with simple green. I was as clean as it gets and still smelled like that. Thankfully the bike is all plastic and I was able to get most of the stench out of it.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So far I've put 600 miles on my bike, all at 30 mph in my neighborhood. Hit a LARGE dragonfly with my bicep, that hurt even at 30, but then he fell, ah, on my jeans, uhh, right behind the gas tank, and I was praying those things don't bite/sting! :eek:

S

sportrider

I had a blow out on the FZ6 while going 106MPH, I used to have a Kawasaki GPZ900 I had a front tire go flat at the apex of a corner and I almost went off the road right into the side of a mountain, but some how managed to save it. I dodged a 4x8 sheet of plywood on the freeway that was either flipped up or fell off a semi in front of me. almost hit a stray pit bull two weeks ago, wish I had been in my pick up I would have!!! thats about it for me.

W

wrightme43

Danny for prevention in the future for me.
What type of tire blew out?
How old was it?
How long before it blew, was the last time you actually verified air pressure with a gauge?
How long had you been riding before it blew?
Did you have any warning?

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
so sad

I dropped my new bike the very day I bought it. Although the manual said, no off road use. I tried to cut through my buddies yard and use his next door neighbors driveway, well the grass was long and I didnt see how steep the driveway was, and the rear tire being brand new and still haveing that slick coating I was warned about slipped and it just dumped. I jumped out of the way so as not to get hurt. Scratched the right side fairing and few pieces of the all black engine. Oh well, perhaps I got all my dumping out of the way quick like and its all good luck from now on? heheh i'm not that foolish.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
I dropped my new bike the very day I bought it. Although the manual said, no off road use. I tried to cut through my buddies yard and use his next door neighbors driveway, well the grass was long and I didnt see how steep the driveway was, and the rear tire being brand new and still haveing that slick coating I was warned about slipped and it just dumped. I jumped out of the way so as not to get hurt. Scratched the right side fairing and few pieces of the all black engine. Oh well, perhaps I got all my dumping out of the way quick like and its all good luck from now on? heheh i'm not that foolish.

Dropped mine on an asphalt road when it was brand new doing 2mph. Made a mess of the RHS engine case - mine's silver- cost me £42 ($85) for the replacement parts, plus you have to drain the oil as well.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
=(

bike hit half grass half asphault and there are some scratches but i'm gonna keep them as a reminder of what can happen on 2 wheels when the rubber side dont stay down.

S

sportrider

Danny for prevention in the future for me.
What type of tire blew out?
How old was it?
How long before it blew, was the last time you actually verified air pressure with a gauge?
How long had you been riding before it blew?
Did you have any warning?
it was a michelin pilot power that had 1800 miles on it. I had been riding for about 10 minutes, the air pressure was checked that morning. I think I hit something on the road there was a hole in the center of the tire the size of a ink pen. I guess it wasn't a true blow out but, the tire deflated instantly it made the tail of the bike shake pretty hard and weave from side to side. I think it was just one of those freak things, I'm running pilot powers on the bike right now!!