My '07-'08 Hybrid StreetFighter

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
So i just finished putting the FZ1N headlight on my bike. I wrecked on July 4th and just finally got the fizzer back in working order. It's an '07 S2 that was originally red as seen in the below photos. I decided I wanted to transform it into a streetfighter, so I ordered the FZ1N light, all black plastics and a black tank. I have a red TCP seat cowl that got a little scratched in the accident, and I'm thinking I might try to sell if anyone is interested. I'll post it up for sale within a couple days. Here are the pics of my bikes journey:

BH17

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow!! Now i want to keep mym fz and transform it into this. So how much did it cost? How long also? Sorry to be a pain. Thanks! I really would like to do this.

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
BH17, it costs about $725 shipped to get this specific headlight from Burlington Yamaha | FZ1N Headlight Kit

It took about a week for them to get it to me, and it took me probably around 8 hours total over two days to get everything figured out and mounted. I worked really slow just to make sure everything was right, and that I wasn't going to screw anything up. It's quite a bit of work, but it's totally worth it. Tom5796 has a writeup about it here:
FZ1N Headlight Project - Page 3 - Sportbikes.net

You also have to buy some fork brackets, and fabricate your own bracket to attach the bottom part of the light. PM me if you have any other questions.

Edit: you also have to get some bar-mounted mirrors (which can be pretty spendy) here's a good site for those: http://www.flyncycle.com/acatalog/Universal_Mirrors.html

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

Looks good man. You planning on pulling the red stickers off the side pods or leaving them as is?

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't decided about those red decals yet. There aren't any other red parts on the bike, so they seem a little out of place. If I leave 'em though, I could name her the "Black Widow.":rockon: Not quite sure what to do...any suggestions?

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't decided about those red decals yet. There aren't any other red parts on the bike, so they seem a little out of place. If I leave 'em though, I could name her the "Black Widow.":rockon: Not quite sure what to do...any suggestions?

It would look really cool if you added two more red decals symmetrically placed on the upper sides of the gas tank and two little ones on the front fender. It would give it a sleek racing stripe sort of look that would be totally unique and sharp!:thumbup: - my two cents

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
It would look really cool if you added two more red decals symmetrically placed on the upper sides of the gas tank and two little ones on the front fender. It would give it a sleek racing stripe sort of look that would be totally unique and sharp!:thumbup: - my two cents

That's a really cool idea. Thanks for your input.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent work! Great looking bike compared to what you had to work with. :thumbup:

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not gonna sell the bike, no way. I'm trying to sell that seat cowl that got a little scratched in the wreck.

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, sweet! I misread your post. I wound up selling my seat cowl too. I found I left it off a lot in order to use my tail bag. If you purchased it before the prices went way up (high $200s now) you should be able to get about what you paid. If you want some color matched paint, or touch up paint, you can find it at ColorRite Touch-Up & Refinish Paints - ColorRite.