Tread depth on new BT020's

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, was wondering if anyone with new Bridgestones BT020's could measure the tread depth in the middle please? Both front and rear. Trying to get an idea how worn my tyres are.

I know most wear out 2 Rears to 1 Front, but my rear is due a change and i have 3mm on the front so not sure it will work out that way, think the front will have reached the wear indicators before the next rear goes.

Trying to work out if ill b better to swap to the BT021's both front and rear now and be done with it as i dont want to mix n match models.

Cheers folks, Dave

rvbiker

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently bought the bt-021’s and after ~600 miles I really like them. I’m not an aggressive rider but I do like the twisties once in a while. I have 35psi in the front and 40psi in the rear and I am surprised at how soft the tires appear and how well they absorb the bumps. Now if I can get 14,000 miles out of these as I did the bt-020 I’ll be happy.

DaFiz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, was wondering if anyone with new
Trying to work out if ill b better to swap to the BT021's both front and rear now and be done with it as i dont want to mix n match models.

Cheers folks, Dave
It's not a matter of mixing, they're just different codes depicting varying degrees of hardness. I've tried the BT020 (twice on rear) and now have the BT021... it's STILL a Bridgestone just a dual compound now (softer on the edge for more grip and harder in the middle for straight line riding endurance)
On the front I did NOT like the BT020 (too hard) and went for a BT010 (softer and much better in the corners) Now I have the BT015 on and I'm happy.
They're ALL still Bridgestones.:rockon:

It is amazing how the Bridgestones absorb the bumps... I keep on checking my tyre air pressure.:rolleyes:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the tire compound is ONE factor in mixing tires, the tread pattern is the other, the front tire is often designed to deal with water in a way that compliments the rear, if you get a front and a rear that don't compliment their water displacement methods then you could be loosing wet traction.

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu

My recommendation; If your at the end of the rear tires life and the front tire still shows some life, both having the same [high] mileage, go ahead and change out both. I'll bet your front, assuming you have BT020's on now, is cupped and when mine was at that stage its useful life went fast.

I hear good things about the 021's front and mixed thoughts for the rear. I thought about a 020 rear and 021 front at one time, however I stuck with the familiar 020's.