going naked on a budget

boliviasi

Reaction score
Visit site
i had 75 $ spare on my paypal ac...so i started to look for parts for the fz i was going to buy saddle bags. but i went with the naked conversion. i got the head light used for 50$ shipped and the brackets thats go on the forks for 20$....
the bracket that holds the tack was made from some spare aluminum plates thats we had in the house. it was really easy here are the pics i'm going to take all this out and make real brackets...

naked11.jpg

naked1.jpg

naked15.jpg

naked12.jpg

Last edited:
S

sportrider

how do you like the swap? does the little fly shield deflect the wind? helmet buffering? I know is mod is getting popular, but I can't imagine removing my fairing I thing the buffering would be terrible.

it does have the street fighter look though!!!
:Sport:

P.S. your next mod should be removing that warning sticker from your tank!!! http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/693-sticker-removal.html

Last edited by a moderator:

boliviasi

Reaction score
Visit site
i went for a 120 milles test drive....the light is not good as the stock head light. there is some buffering whem i go over 110 and its because of my helment. but the bike look a lot better

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
looks cool! my only comment would be to lower that headlight a bit, I find it better looking :)

What are you going to do about the mirrors & signals?

W

wrightme43

Purdy cool looking man.
PIAA lights might help the situation.

boliviasi

Reaction score
Visit site
update

i fixed the light problem it just need it some adjustments, is not as good as the stock head light but it works.. i got this handlebar from a friend for a really good price 20 $. i got handlebar end mirrors they should be in the bike next week, here are some pics
naked0011.jpg

naked0012.jpg

naked0014.jpg

boliviasi

Reaction score
Visit site
they are from ebay i got then for 25$ and the best part is that i can rest my legs on them in long trips a relly helpo with long distance rides

S

sportrider

it may be an optical illusion but your front tire looks cupped really bad.
is it?

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
they are from ebay i got then for 25$ and the best part is that i can rest my legs on them in long trips a relly helpo with long distance rides

Maybe it's just the picture, but they look really long. Are they made by a reputable company? Being so long, do you think they would hold up well in a lowside (where shorter is better), or did you just get them for parking lot tipovers (where longer would be better)?

I use my uncagedcycle sliders as leg rests sometimes too....I always make a point to kick my legs up there as I pass a Harley guy on the highway....to show him/her, just incase they don't realize, that cruisers are not the only comfortable bikes. Comfort PLUS peformance is where it's at for a street bike.
________
HunterSex

Last edited:

boliviasi

Reaction score
Visit site
I use my uncagedcycle sliders as leg rests sometimes too....I always make a point to kick my legs up there as I pass a Harley guy on the highway....to show him/her, just incase they don't realize, that cruisers are not the only comfortable bikes. Comfort PLUS peformance is where it's at for a street bike.
yeah i do the same

the handle bars are renthal.. they are used for super motos or moto cross i love them because i'm used to ride a dirtbike all the time.. it really feels like riding a dirtbike with street tires...

DonahuePhoto

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah i do the same

the handle bars are renthal.. they are used for super motos or moto cross i love them because i'm used to ride a dirtbike all the time.. it really feels like riding a dirtbike with street tires...

Thats bike is sick! :rockon:

I have been wondering if I could put bars like that on mine since i bought it!

It looks like the Renthall bars fit in the stock bar mounts...am I right?

PS - Can you post a pic with a side view?

S

sportrider

yes my front tire has 14k milles on it..but i just got a michelin pilot power...
I don't know about the bridgestones but the difference between the dunlope D252 and a Michelin pilot power is day & night!!!!

boliviasi

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats bike is sick! :rockon:

I have been wondering if I could put bars like that on mine since i bought it!

It looks like the Renthall bars fit in the stock bar mounts...am I right?

PS - Can you post a pic with a side view?
thanks man yes i love the fz more now, naked is the way to go, i'll post pics from a side tmr or sunday after the wash

boliviasi

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know about the bridgestones but the difference between the dunlope D252 and a Michelin pilot power is day & night!!!!
ho yeah i just got my new tire and it really feels a lot better this tire i like this michelin and it was only 107 shipped and i put it on my self no need to balance this tire
newtire.jpg