A moment of silence....

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
I just found out that a riding partner of mine was hit at a stop light the other day. The FZ6 is totaled. He is okay, just a little bruised but the bikes frame was broken.:mad:

A car was crossing the intersection in front of him and a van ran the red light and was hit by the car and spun around into the bike. He was hit on the left leg and frame in front of his leg. He got a bloody nose through his helmet.:(

A moment of silence please......

I am getting his tinted windshield for nothing though:rockon:

W

wrightme43

Bummer man, glad he got away with minor injuries. The bike is however replaceable, hope he is back riding soon.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The exact same scenario happened to me a few months ago. I was stopped at a stop light in the center lane, and heard a huge crash. I looked and noticed that a silver car was sliding sideways towards me. My correct reaction would have been to move, but I froze. Fortunately, the car stopped a few feet short from my left side. If I was in the left lane, I could have been hit. Anyway, the guy got out of his car real pissed off. I asked if he was hurt and he said no. I then asked if that guy in the white BMW hit him, and he confirmed it. He said that he had the right of way on the green light and the BMW made a bad left turn. We all can relate to that! I then noticed that the BMW momentarily stopped but then took off. After realizing that nobody was hurt, I made a quick 180 and started to chase him. It was around midnight so it was dark. But after the BMW's quick twist and turns around the area, it was no match for my bike. I kept my distance on purpose hoping that I can follow the car home. As it turns out that the car indeed pull up onto a driveway. As he was waiting for the garage door to open, I asked the driver (who appeared to be very young) if he was just involved in an accident, and he said no. Well, as I was parked alongside the driver's side door, I noticed that there was definately some damage to the front of the car. So as he pulled in, I took down his license plate and address. As I returned to the accident scene to relay the information that I just acquired. It turns out that the victim found the hit n run car's licence plate on the road. Apparently, the front plate came off as a result of the collision. So that guy was screwed the moment he decided to run. To mention what a small world this is, I told ths story to my roomate, and he said he knew the guy because he heard him tell a story about his hit n run that just happened earlier that night. The reason why he ran was because he was drinking, and he figured he would rather take the fall for a hit n run rather than a dui.

Glad your buddy came out okay, and hope the insurance will take care of getting a new bike.

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
He is waiting for the insurance company to figure things out.:banghead:

I guess the guys in the van all scattered and ran away on foot:mad:

If he gets a different kind of bike I may try to buy his power commander from him. I would try the exhaust but it was already bent up from a previous lay down.

He just took the day after off work and is fine now. Now I'm out the only FZ 6 riding partner I had.:(

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
The main thing is that he is ok ... he may buy another FZ6 ! ?

On the plus side ... think of all the spares for free :)