Handlebar Snake

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
I'm thinking about getting a Bar Snake from Stop Bad Vibes with Bar Snake! and wonder if our FZ6 could benefit from such a product? Mine has some normal vibration at Superslab speeds [6000+ rpm's] that puts my right hand asleep after about an hour of riding.

Having not taken the bar ends off, I can assume the handlebar is hollow through and is of standard size?

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im not sure if it would work or not, but do you wear a good pair of gloves? I have had dirtbikes, etc... and have found if I don't have a good pair of gloves on the vibration can get to me. The gloves also help me loosen my grip, which helps too. As far as I know it is hollow through, but I don't know what size would be "standard". Hope this helped.

S

sportrider

I don't see how that would work. I don't have any experience with product like that but I'm very skeptical of a product that claims it will make you a better rider(unless it's instructional) as well as some of the other claims. thats just my two cents though. If you try it let me know what you think.
:Sport:

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was told that the bar snake is not an option with the stock bars as the ends have plates welded in to attach the bar end weights to.

I have not removed mine, but this makes sense.

No hole available to insert the bar snake into the bar :Flip:

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
I was told that the bar snake is not an option with the stock bars as the ends have plates welded in to attach the bar end weights to.

I do believe you are correct! Looking at the assembly manual [Assembly-LIT-11666-20-60] page 5, it clearly indicates with a picture a threaded grip end that is torqued to 19 ft lb.

Oh well! Good thing I checked here before making a purchase - Thanks all.