Neck Protection

tum226

Reaction score
www.rollahome.com
I am currently looking for neck protection while riding. The only company I have found is Leatt Neck Braces. If anyone knows of other companies that make neck braces please share the info. A couple years ago a friend of mine got paralized from the chest down from a motorcycle accident. His neck broke cause it bent so far in one direction. If he was wearing a neck brace I feel he wouldn't have broken his neck but who knows for sure.

I would like to get one but want more than one option. Thanks for the info. This is the best forum I have been on. Everyone is very helpful.

The Rayman

Professional Cat Herder
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
I am currently looking for neck protection while riding. The only company I have found is Leatt Neck Braces. If anyone knows of other companies that make neck braces please share the info. A couple years ago a friend of mine got paralized from the chest down from a motorcycle accident. His neck broke cause it bent so far in one direction. If he was wearing a neck brace I feel he wouldn't have broken his neck but who knows for sure.

I would like to get one but want more than one option. Thanks for the info. This is the best forum I have been on. Everyone is very helpful.

Many companies are starting to make neck braces following the success of the Leatt. I have had my son in a Leatt for 2+ years now and wouldn't let him ride Motocross without it. You can wear these on the street but, they are really made for closed course competition as they are not comfortable for extended periods.

The EVS RC Evolution is new and available for pre-order here: EVS 2008 RC EVO Race Collar System

Info on the Leatt can be found here: Leatt Brace - Prophylactic neck bracing system designed to prevent motorsport injuries