Seats

Rizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about changing seats. Any suggestions would be welcome. I don't think Mustang makes one. I'm curious about the Yamaha factory upgrade verses the Corbin.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you look at Bagster, they have pretty cool options when customizing an FZ6 seat (fabric, seat height, piping, etc.). Good Luck. Let us know what you decided to get and post some pictures when you do get one. Thanks.

Ares

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The stock seat killed me after about 50 miles. I picked up a like-new corbin on the sbn forum and love it. The foam is firmer on the corbin, which suits ME much better.

Here's a link to a place that does seat mods: Page 1

I've no experience with them, found the link in another thread here.

Here's another: Luggagery and saddlery for two-wheeled vehicle (motorbikes and scooters)

Again, no personal experience.

No first-hand experience with the Yamaha "comfort" saddle. I would hope that by "comfort" they weren't thinking soft, gushy foam. I think that it uses gel. Which again, for me, would be too soft.

And you could always just get all Mcgyver on your seat: DIYMotorcycleSeat.com - Home Page

Things that can influence your comfort on the bike also include your reach to the bars: are you short of limb? -- and your height: super tall with miles of leg? Some folks will suggest stretching both before you get on and while riding. Both good ideas.

Best of luck.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about changing seats. Any suggestions would be welcome. I don't think Mustang makes one. I'm curious about the Yamaha factory upgrade verses the Corbin.

I just ordered the Yamadog comfort seat from RonAyers.com for $156.00 delivered!

I know I have read pro's and con's on this seat and at the $256 list price plus shipping or sales tax, I was hesitent, but at $156 I could not resist.

The Yami part number is ABA-4S821-00-00 for the 07-08 model year. But from other posts the seat fits 04 to 08 FZ's.

Visually looking at this seats pictures it appears that the hard edge on the stock seat that gets me on my inner theigh area is rounded to eliminate this pressure point, and the gel I hope will distribute my weight more evenly.

I'll let you know in about 2 weeks when I get it.:D

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
I am on my second Fizzer and I have had Corbins on both. You can usually get a used for a decent price.

I got my current seat on Craigslist by contacting sellers who had Corbins on their bikes. I just asked if they would sell the Corbin without the bike.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just had a motor trimmer mod mine, it may now be too soft but only time will tell, and was done in stages with me trying in between. All up cost me $80 au which is about 60-70 us