Usable fuel capacity for an FZ6, the answer.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I rode mine to the point of sputtering, and in fact had to walk it the last ten feet to the pumps. Good timing.

I filled it up and put in a total of 4.95 gallons.

So now we know.

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
I rode mine to the point of sputtering, and in fact had to walk it the last ten feet to the pumps. Good timing.

So now we know.

Did you try to start the bike again? I ran out of gas in my truck one time. I was about 50 feet from the pump, and started it again. I had enough fumes left to get me the 50 feet.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
It never died on me. It would idle, but when I tried to give it any throttle, I'd get nothing back. The gangsters hanging out at the next pump thought it was pretty funny as my badass crotchrocket rolled up sounding like a worn out Briggs and Stratton.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

So now we know.
Is that US gallons lol?
Whats that in liters?
Or fluid ounces?

sorry its my age.

nelly

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is that US gallons lol?
Whats that in liters?
Or fluid ounces?

sorry its my age.

nelly

Was wondering the same thing, if it's US Gallons, then 4.95 US gallons = 18.73 litres. My owners manual says my 06 FZ has a 19.4 litre capacity. When i did the same thing and rolled into a petrol station, i filled it to the very top, and squeezed in 19.2 litres = 5.07 US gallons.

:eek:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've put 4.5 in before... Guess I had another 25 miles or so! :steve: Thanks for being the test subject!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

So now we know.

LOL.....I did the exact same thing and posted somewhere on the forum, but can't recall where. Same scenario, I ended up pushing the bike to the pumps. It would start and run for a bit after it stalled, I ended up flicking the bike back and forth to get every drop and it wiould give me a surge, but eventually ended up bone dry. I took in around 4.9 gal myself, 228 on the trip meter, 42 miles on reserve.