Parts411 (Quest Complete w/Pics!)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What are your experiences with these people?

I ordered a new Shoei helmet on 7/29/08 and the site has the CC listed ans pending and the helmet has yet to ship. Sent an e-mail yesterday without any response (It was friendly with a "Just wanted to see if my order was received" tone). So, I sent another friendly one tonight finishing with "Have a great weekend!"

I know what you're thinking... Eric ordered from ANOTHER CA company after his experience with imotorcyclestore? LOL! Well, I'm not in any rush for the new helmet but it would be nice to see SOME activity on the order! ;)

Just wanted to get some feedback from people who have ordered here. BTW, I used the coupon code someone pointed out here and got a $474 helmet for $341 with free shipping! :thumbup: So I'm not going to say ANYTHING to pi$$ them off. No where else is the Strife THAT cheap!

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Parts411

So... NO ONE has ordered from this place? I know someone has because someone posted the secret coupon code which I used.

I'm going to call Monday to see if they've got the order and can ship it. Still being friendly to them for that price! BTW, it is a Shoei RF-1000 Strife on blue. Can't wait to get this!

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site

No feedback on Parts411 but if you do strike out with them and are willing to look at other RF-1000 designs check out Competition Accessories: Automotive, Motorcycles, Atv, Outdoor, Sports, Recreation, Events, Rally, Bike Week as they have 2 or 3 designs at 299.99.

I picked up my RF-1000 from them at this price last year and aside from having to call and cancel one other small item that was back-ordered and holding everything up I had no issues. Data point of one for what that's worth.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Well, here's the final update: I didn't want to rock the boat considering I couldn't find the Strife Blue/Black anywhere for under $400.00 and would only take that model.

7/29/08 - Ordered
8/04/08 - Credit card charged
8/06/08 - No update on WWW. Called for tracking number. Was told "We're not that sophisticated and the WWW will never update. Shipping tonight or tomorrow and we'll e-mail you the tracking number." (This is free shipping, UPS ground from CA to NH)
8/12/08 - Called to ask for the tracking number. After getting the number, see that it is "Out for Delivery" :steve: Came home and my favorite UPS driver (who knows we don't get home till after 5:30 PM) shows up at 6 PM with a new Shoei RF-1000 in hand. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Thus, while Parts411 is behind the times with technology, they came through in the time frame I fully expected from CA to NH and patience paid off. OK place to work with if you're not in any hurry. ;)

Here's the prize!

View attachment 6726 View attachment 6727

View attachment 6728 View attachment 6729

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I don't know Eric, with a lid like that you may have to dust off those artistic skills and create some vinyl graphics for the bike:rockon:

Very nice, let us know the comfort level, fit/finish/ wind noise and break in period...

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I don't know Eric, with a lid like that you may have to dust off those artistic skills and create some vinyl graphics for the bike:rockon:

Very nice, let us know the comfort level, fit/finish/ wind noise and break in period...

I thought about that already. :thumbup: Thought of some dragon work for the bike. ;)

Well, initial reaction is an excellent fit. I did try on this very helmet and size at two different places before buying to be certain this was the correct fit. It fits as tight as it should with no movement. The comfort thus far is very nice! I wore it for almost 30 minutes at the computer tonight. :rockon: But tomorrow, I'll get to road-test it for the first time. More comments to follow!

BTW, it came with a removable breath guard and chin curtain. Both are installed and I'll likely test without them as well. The vent system looks to be very useful. I'm told the helmet is very quiet with them all closed and no whistles when open but real test coming.

The best thing about this model is the visor indents so I can ride with the visor in any one of 7 positions, at speed, from open to close. That was something I was looking hard for and found with the RF-1000.

Sweet!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site

Very nice indeed! I'm now looking at a top of the line helmet. I have 5 now, but none that I can say is the ****. I have a Nolan N102, 2 Exo 400's, a HJC CL-15(my girlfriend has a matching one), and a HJC open face MX helmet. I gues I'm looking for a top notch helmet that I can get for under $500. I'm gonna take a look ath this one for sure.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

It took me a lot of research, testing the fit and finding all the features I wanted in a helmet. But, what is right for me is not right for others. This one simply fit most of what I was looking for without breaking my wallet! I can tell you it is a FAR CRY from the Z1R Stance I've had for three seasons. It served it's purpose and will continue to do so because I'm going to permanently mount my FRS radio PTT speakers and mic into the Z1R for road trips (like the Northest Meet!) I don't want to muck up the new Shoei. If I do anything with that, it will be along the lines of a Scala or Chatterbox which can be removed easily. :thumbup:

I relied heavily on Web Bike World's reviews and fitment guides for head shapes, etc... Extremely helpful! What I REALLY would like to have is the new Schuberth C3 modular coming out soon. Far too much money for me though. :eek:

If you decide on one, use the Parts411 coupon trick to see what the discount is there first! :D

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Autocom is my drawback, I have a headset and mic installed in ALL of my helmets, and it gets expensice($100 per helmet). I pipe everything throught them( ipod, GPS, B2B, Radar and so on), and feel naked with it.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First ride with the new Shoei RF-1000 Strife helmet:

Fit and comfort was GREAT! It's deceiving because the ear cavities are large making it "feel" like the helmet doesn't fit right, however, it doesn't move without pulling my skin/scalp. This seems to be more for a round head and my head is slightly more oval than round but the amount of padding will break-in and form to the shape of my head over time.

Weight: When the box was delivered, I found it hard to believe there was a helmet in it! I'll bet the packaging and packing with the two boxes was one third of the total weight!

Venting is AWESOME! I had them all open with the breath guard installed and visor closed. I couldn't fog the shield at all even with forced heavy breathing. Excellent! The top vents along with the rear exhaust vents open created a very cool stream of air over the top of my head. Perfect in my opinion! (It was about 62 degrees this morning for the ride to work with high humidity and lots of dew)

Visor positions were as promised. Tested all clicks at 75 mph. No issues.

Noise reaches a LOW level peak at about 30 mph and doesn't really change with speed. It is still VERY quiet with all the vents open. Tonight I will ride with the vents closed. It's at least 80% quieter than the cheap Z1R I was wearing.

Because of the aerodynamics, it is a lot less turbulent behind cages. Both helmets react the same in open air.

Initial ride has FZ6inNH FZ6inHeaven! It's the lid I was looking for!

Thus far, one minor drawback.... tough to put on the Maui Jim sunglasses because I cannot seem to get the bows over my ears and the glasses are extremely flexible. That took several attempts. I may have to buy a pair with more rigid bows or start carrying two visors and swap if I'm out past sundown. A tinted/mirrored visor is a LOT cheaper than a new pair of Maui Jim's! Far from a show stopper though! You cannot beat a "fitted helmet" :thumbup:

A

Aggietaco

I decided their prices were too good to pass up as well and made a couple of orders last Saturday, 8/30. So I'll update this post as things go.

Order #1 - Joe Rocket Reactor 2.0 Jacket
Order #2 - Shoei RF-1000

8/30 (Sat)
  • Order #1 Placed, paid with Paypal
  • Order #2 Placed, paid with Paypal
8/31 (Sun)

9/1 (Mon)

9/2 (Tues)
  • E-mail saying Order #2 Paypal was no good, money refunded (Paypal holds for 3-4 days) and new pay request sent via Paypal to me
  • Paid for Order #2 again via Paypal, confirmed with Kevin @ Parts411.com
  • E-mail saying Order #1 has been back ordered and will ship 11/15
  • Message on my cell from Kevin saying he was wrong, product discontinued, order refunded
  • I called Kevin to verify the jacket was discontinued, but found that they had the next size up available, so I ordered that since I was on the fence anyway
9/3 (Wed)

9/4 (Thurs)

9/5 (Fri)

9/6 (Sat)

9/7 (Sun)

9/8 (Mon)

• Called to check on orders, #1 should arrive tomorrow via UPS
  • Order #2 should ship tomorrow :confused:
9/9 (Tues)
  • Recieved #1 today, the jacket, and everything looks great, except it's too large... (shipped from Sullivan's wholesale)
  • Still no tracking number for #2 like I was promised
  • Called for tracking number for order #2, still hadn't shipped. Upset.
9/10 (Wed)

9/11 (Thurs)
  • Called for tracking number for #2 again, shipped late 9/9, should be here tomorrow.
9/12 (Fri)
  • #2 shows out for delivery.

Summary-
Again, if you've got PLENTY of time and know 100% what you want, Parts411 is great for the prices. I think I'll support New Enough next time, they've always taken care of me in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Keep in mind that they don't update the status online and only send you updates when you call and ask for the information. They never answered any of my e-mails but they were helpful on the phone.

A

Aggietaco

I understood that going into the deal, thanks to your post.

I was rather upset when I got the cancellation e-mails, making me do a lot of extra work to give them my money. Especially when I was told they were out of stock and discontinued - sounds like they should pull that item from their website.

Not really a bad experience yet though, I've had a lot worse in the 4x4 world.

A

Aggietaco

Any chance a mod can move this to the correct forum? I just noticed it's a bit out of place.

A

Aggietaco

I believe it is on the correct one \\"Buyer/Seller Feedback\\"

Buyer/Seller Feedback
Rate members you bought, sold or traded parts with.

VS

Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews
Share your experiences with a dealer, on-line vendor, or private seller with whom you have dealt. (Motorcycle-related only please.)

IPilot

Reaction score
Visit site
[COLOR=\"Navy\"]Buyer/Seller Feedback [/COLOR]
[SIZE=\"2\"]Rate members you bought, sold or traded parts with.[/SIZE]

VS

[COLOR=\"navy\"]Vendor / Seller / Dealer Reviews[/COLOR]
[SIZE=\"2\"]Share your experiences with a dealer, on-line vendor, or private seller with whom you have dealt. (Motorcycle-related only please.)[/SIZE]

You are absolutely right! My bad!! :ban: