Justice is served...

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
OK long story but it has a happy ending.

Today after work I head to home depot and meet my friend there to pick up some stuff (my friend was in his car so we could carry the stuff in there) Pn the way back I'm on a four lane road, with a median in the middle. I'm in the left hand lane, and up ahead I see an old yellow truck parked halfway on the median. I signal and move over to the right lane to avoid him. Just as I'm starting to pass him, his truck comes off the median and starts driving in the left lane. Seeing as how I need to get back into the left lane to get into the left hand turning lane before the intersection, (there were two left turn lanes, and I did not realize that I would be in one of them if I stayed in my lane) I signal and try to change back into the left lane, but he accelerates but still stays next to me. I assumed he was just trying to get up to speed still, so I accelerate a little to try to make it before the intersection. Keep in mind our speed never went above 35 and I stayed in first gear the whole time. He accelerates even more and I realize that I don't have to change lanes to make a left turn. I slow down as the light is red. As soon as he gets directly beside me and within a hundred feet of the light, he abruptly turns into my lane, causing me to move over as far as I can, lay on the horn, and nearly lock my wheels. He yells something out his window and puts his hand out (I think he flipped me off, I was too shaken up to notice). As we're sitting at the red light, my heart is still pounding as I notice him letting off his brakes, letting his truck roll backwards towards me. He does this a couple of times to scare, then luckily the light goes green and takes off.

I have to pull over and regain my composure. Luckily for me, I memorized his plate number. I take out my cell phone and call the police, explaining what happened and giving them his plates. They say they will look into it and call me back to update.

I meet my friend back at my house and he tells me he saw the same yellow truck just parked there. Anyways, I get a call back from the police saying they didn't see the car and it wasn't at his house. Well that sucks, but whatever. About an hour passes and we decide to go back to the hardware to pick up some things we forgot, so this time we both ride in my car. Lo and behold, when we park we see that yellow truck in the spot across from us. It was unbelievable. I call the police back and tell them the car is right here, and they tell me a unit is on the way. As we're waiting for them to show up, we go into the hardware store real quick to get our stuff, and we see the driver working in the paint section! Luckily he didn't recognize me, and we leave to meet the officer.

He tells me that unfortunately it will be very difficult to press charges or for him to write a ticket, since it would be so hard to prove. But he goes "well if you want I can give him a stern lecture and go in there and emberass the **** out of him" :eek: Works for me! So he tells us to have a nice night, then he pulls up in front of the store and we see him march in there with an angry look on his face.

Hopefully now that driver will think twice before he tries to run someone else off the road.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good for you! Glad you have LEOs that show concern and are willing to step up. I've been told before that because there was no contact or physical altercation, there was nothing they could do. On another note, I've been on the receiving end of that lecture after this woman HARRASSED the crap out me with her car. I was only trying to get around her and she pulled blocking manuevers and gave me two brake jobs. Someone thought I was the aggressor and called the cops after following me to my destination. Luckily, I had my wife and daughter with me and in a private talk to the cop, we all told the same story about this woman, what she did and the fact she was plugged into a cell phone the entire time. So they went back to her and I have no idea what ever became of it.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
You handled the situation well.

If it were me, I don't know if I'd have had as much self control. The truck's tires might have been the worse for wear when I was done.

You were smart and did things the legal way.

Although a note on his windscreen saying,"I know where you work now." would keep him thinking about things for a while.