How to: Silence by 1/2 your Two Brothers Exhuast

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Simple and Sweet, thanks.
b_d43 made something similar but he machined the piece, so it looks more "professional" like it came from TB.

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1. Thanks
I was think of doing the exact some thing but placing the two !@#$ ( I have no idea what there called) on the db killer side and painting them black. I need to try this when I can find the time. The only thing that worries me is creating excessive back pressure....

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
doesn't this negate any kind of minimal performance gains that might have been gained by putting the pipes on?

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When it comes to backpressure, in general it's dependant on the diameter of the outlet. Since in that person’s design and what I considered the diameter of my discs to be came from what the stock outlet diameters are. I made mine 1” diameter while the stocks are a tiny bit smaller. If you’re going to make discs I would not recommend port diameters smaller than the stock ones. As for the performance, I think even with the 1” diameter port discs in place is still better off in performance because the stock mufflers are not a straight through system therefore inherently must have more back pressure than the TB’s.

There are some interesting articles on the web about motorcycle exhaust design and theory. It’s internet stuff so true fact or not, consider the source. Here are some good links for a good read…..

Exhaust backpressure the myth - ThumperTalk

Exhaust theory - tuning technical information

Exhaust flow, noise, and design

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Try repacking first. I have posted it up some where before. Two Bro's did a horrible job with the packing. There is hardly in there.

-bryan