100 F showing on temp. display?

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
I was riding last evening, did my normal quick look at the displays, and saw I was reading 100 degrees F, and it wasn't changing. I normally see from 175-185 during my normal cruising. I waited awhile, no change. While riding, I had to turn the key off/on, restarted the bike, and read 183 right away. I know I wasn't in any danger of overheating, my fan almost never needs to run, but if I was sitting in traffic and this happened I wonder how hot it may have gotten and would the fan kick on, or would I overheat? Just wondering if anyone else has seen 100 displayed?

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
It might have been displaying the Air Intake temp. If you press reset you can toggle between Air Intake temp and Coolant temp. When you turn the bike on it automatically shows the Coolant temp. That might explain it.

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
It might have been displaying the Air Intake temp. If you press reset you can toggle between Air Intake temp and Coolant temp. When you turn the bike on it automatically shows the Coolant temp. That might explain it.

Thanks, you're probably right. I had gassed up and reset the trip, but likely hit reset again and didn't notice.

I think the 100 got me worried, had it been 92 or something odd, I might not have immediately thought "glitch"

Last edited:

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I suspect the pre 07's only get WATER temp. High AIR temp is kinda irrelevant to the bike, though it does make the nut behind the wheel sweat. :eek:

Actualy, we (2005 at least) have the air intake temp, and a water temp gauge.

Ben

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i like to play with the air temp setting and just for giggles see how my bike runs at different air temps...so far i can't tell any difference...