Exhaust for 07 FZ6

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I know there are a couple of other threads on exhausts but they don't really answer my questions.

My main reason for looking at new exhausts is mainly for the sound not the performance. I quite like the look of the stock one but its just too quiet .. Would there be a cheap way of rasping it up a bit ?? or am I destined to spend lots of hard earned cash ??!! :thumbup:

I have seen and heard the two brothers exhaust system (sounds and looks awsome) so I contacted them for a price for my 07 Fz6......

"Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your interest in Two Brothers Racing…

We can support you with Dual Slip-Ons for your 2007 FZ6.

Titanium > 005-1170408V > 815 EUR (about 554 GBP I think)"

Is this a reasonable price (aprox $1100 US)

Whats the deal with slip ons ?? And would I need a cat eliminator ?? :eek:

Also I have heard a few of you talking about power commanders ... What is their main purpose and would I need one if I changed my exhaust ??

Lastly ... Has anyone changed their stock exhaust off an 07 and have any pics/vids ??

Sorry if I may sound a little dim .. I am new to all this and trying to take it all in . :)

:Im With Stupid:

Last edited:

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello JONAC,

First off, that is way too high on the price. The Cycle Gear here in Houston can order the Two Brothers for $659 US.

Second, you would not need a cat eliminator, especially since you are going for sound instead of performance. A power commander is a must for changing out exhaust. Unless you want the bike running like crap.LOL It will still run, just nowhere near as crisp.

Third, why dont you get the scorpion? They are excellent and have a great deep sound. Plus they are the only company i have seen that say you do not need a powercommander. (I rode for about a week without the PC and i couldnt stand it, it wouldnt idle right and had horrible low RPM throttle response) As soon as I put on the PC3 it ran like a completely different bike.

Look at it this way. I had to pay extra shipping on my scorpion exhaust because I live in the states. You have the company in your backyard. They should be cheaper, shouldnt they?

I dont have a camera to take pictures, but as soon as i get one i will post pics. I hope i have helped, even if it was just a small bit.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello JONAC,

First off, that is way too high on the price. The Cycle Gear here in Houston can order the Two Brothers for $659 US.

Second, you would not need a cat eliminator, especially since you are going for sound instead of performance. A power commander is a must for changing out exhaust. Unless you want the bike running like crap.LOL It will still run, just nowhere near as crisp.

Third, why dont you get the scorpion? They are excellent and have a great deep sound. Plus they are the only company i have seen that say you do not need a powercommander. (I rode for about a week without the PC and i couldnt stand it, it wouldnt idle right and had horrible low RPM throttle response) As soon as I put on the PC3 it ran like a completely different bike.

Look at it this way. I had to pay extra shipping on my scorpion exhaust because I live in the states. You have the company in your backyard. They should be cheaper, shouldnt they?

I dont have a camera to take pictures, but as soon as i get one i will post pics. I hope i have helped, even if it was just a small bit.

Some good info there mate .. thank you.

I'll price up the Scorpion and take a good look at it ... Two brothers looks V Nice though !! Prob getting ripped off with shipping etc though ...

What sort of price would a pc3 cost ?

Eviloliv3

I'm here for the women
Reaction score
Visit site
the cheapest ive seen the Two Bros exhausts here in the states is in the 700's. 900 for the CF or Titanium model

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

So you think the Scorpion claim is bogus then? You think it does need the power commander to run correctly? (I am debating buying the PCIII)

Also, do you know if there is any difference between products listed for sale as Power Commander III, PCIII, and Power Commander III EX?

Thanks for any input you have.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
So you think the Scorpion claim is bogus then? You think it does need the power commander to run correctly? (I am debating buying the PCIII)

Also, do you know if there is any difference between products listed for sale as Power Commander III, PCIII, and Power Commander III EX?

Are those scorpion cans that you have on mickey ?

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site

You can run it without the PC3 but you will not get the performance out of it till you put one on. If you havent already you will notice a big low and midrange jump in torque.

The power comander III and PC3 are the same thing. I havent seen an EX before, must be the latest upgrade for it. Just make sure it plugs into the computer so you can adjust it if you need to. Power commander sells preset modules and they are set to one program and thats it. The advantage of getting one you can adjust is being able to take it into the shop and get it Dyno-Tuned. Plus if you ever decide to do the air box mod you will have to have it Dyno-Tuned anyway. The bike runs like crap unless you get it set up right.

The FZ6 is perfect if you want to ride it stock, but if you want to add exhaust, just know you might want to spend another $300 for the PC3, that way you get the full potential out of it. I know it is expensive but it is well worth it. Also look into doing a sprocket change. The best combo is to go 2 teeth more in the back sprocket and 1 tooth less on the front sprocket. (Talk about a wheelie machine if you do all that:D) I can get mine to wheelie in second with all that done to it and i can keep up with 600cc and 1000cc super sports all day long.......as long as the 1000cc does not have a long straight away in front of it.

I also drag race my bike too so i want everything to be right on it. If all you want is more sound then i would say drill a few holes inside the stock exhaust and call it done, but if you want performance you just cant get it with a basic slip-on set up.

Hope i have been help......Be safe and have fun riding!