Oil Change

CrioGeniC

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, I wanted ask how you guys do oil changes. On the side stand or on the Center Stand. All of my other bikes had the drain plug on the bottom of the bike, the FZ6 has it on the left side. On my ZZR, I just put the bike up on the race stands and changed it that way.

Just wondering on your thoughts.

thanks,
Crio

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I loosen the drain plug and filter on the center stand. Then I put the bike on the side stand to drain the oil. Less oil gets on the headers this way (even with foil under the drain I still get some oil on the pipes). I then put the filter and plug back on and put the bike back on the center stand and complete the work that is needed.

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I put it on the side stand then I take out the oil plug and let the oil drain. Then I take off the oil filter and let it drain some more. When it appears that it is done, I wait a little longer clean it all up, put the new filter on, then the oil plug in, and then I put it on the center stand and fill it up and check it.

Ben

CrioGeniC

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I like the sound of the tinfoil idea over the headers. Was thinking of using some cardboard, but the foil thing will be easier to adjust.

May try and knock that oil change out tonight when I get off work.

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I like the sound of the tinfoil idea over the headers. Was thinking of using some cardboard, but the foil thing will be easier to adjust.

May try and knock that oil change out tonight when I get off work.

I do the foil thing as well...it seems to work well, if you can get it to stay put.

Ben