Scorpion Exhaust

Redhawk

2QuickFZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Wanting to buy the Scorpion slip ons for my 07' but I'm not having any luck finding any! Every online store/dealer keeps telling me they are on backorder. Just curious to see where everyone who has them already purchased theirs at. Also, does anyone know if there are any exhaust differences between the 06' and 07'.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't believe there are any exhaust differences between the '06 and '07, well other than the '07 has an O2 sensor. I have an '07 and I ordered my Scorpion exhaust from kneedraggers dot com on Thursday of last week. When I ordered I got an e-mail saying they were on back order and that it should be there by the end of the month. I could either cancel my order, or take 5% off and wait. If I waited they would bill me half of it then, and half when they shipped. I figured since nobody else has it, and I can get and extra 5% off, I will wait. So yesterday I got an e-mail saying that they successfully charged the first half to my credit card, AND that my exhaust was on the way to their warehouse and should be available to ship to me by today. I guess we'll see if I get a tracking number today.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
No difference in the exhaust that i can tell.

I just went through Cycle Gear to get mine. If you find an online ad that you can print they will price match. So i just searched and came across a deal for $397 and i took it to cycle gear and they matched it. I wouldnt recommend buying it from cycle gear without a price match. They are asking $600 for a set of scorpions.

I will look today to see if i can find a similar ad. Doubt i will find the same one since i bought mine a year ago.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking for a set of exhausts for my 07 as well. I can't seem to find anything on the scorpions for 07. Do you need a power commander with them? Do you need the cat eliminator with them? I wish there were a good thread on the scorpion to give alot of detail to enlighten me on this.

Redhawk

2QuickFZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
As far as the power commander, alot of people recommend it to go with an aftermarket exhaust/air filter. I sent an email to dynojet, who makes the power commander and this is what they had to say.

The Power Commander allows you the ability to fine tune your fuel curve to coincide with any modification you do to the bike. By optimizing your fuel curve your bike will run as good as it possibly can for that configuration.

Although no fuel controller is absolutely needed on this bike it will definitely make it run a whole lot better. If you have any other questions please let us know. Thanks.

Seems like it would definitely help as the stock computer isnt set up for the larger intake of air and better flowing exhaust. Some guys say you are fine without it and others say its a necessity.

As far as the cat eliminator thats totally up to you but not required to change when adding an aftermarket slip on like the scorpion.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
So what about this o2 sensor on the 07? Does the scorpion allow you to put the sensor in it, or do you not use it? I would think that would effect the air fuel mixture alot.

Redhawk

2QuickFZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
the o2 sensor is located soon after the header pipe. You arent replacing that part of the stock pipe with the 02 sensor when you install the scorpion slip on. If you happen to be available to look at your bike you will see that under the seat there is a clamp and from there back is the what you replace with a slip on. You still leave the o2 sensor and since the o2 sensor is before the mufflers the 02 sensor doesnt know anythings changed. Now if the 02 sensor happened to be after the muffler then it might effect something but not in this case. Hope this helps

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow you have done your homework sir. Thanks for your help! Now I just need to find the best price and order a set for myself.

Redhawk

2QuickFZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup: thanks, now if I could only find the exhaust and finnally put it on the bike. The stock exhaust is waaay to quiet, plus my k&n filter is just laying around all ready to be put in. Most online stores are telling me that the exhaust is backordered until the 10th and I should check back then.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I want to thank you for your time. You have answered all my questions and not bitched about it. I appreciate it truly. What kind of performance gain do you think the filter will give you?

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone knows details of any UK suppliers that are competatively priced could they post them here.

Thanks JC