Adjusting suspension without wrench...

jwhelan

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, my fz6 rear shock is currently set to 3 (Factory setting) and I would like to bump it up a couple of notches. BUT, I have seemed to misplace my toolkit :( Does anyone know of a way to adjust the suspension without the spanner wrench??

Thanks for any help,
Jason

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i honestly don;t think it is possible, maybe with some big channel locks? Lots of bikes have the same toolkit, ask to borrow a buddies for a few mins?

jwhelan

Reaction score
Visit site
Most of my friends drive fugly cruisers :( I guess I can just make my own wrench... Anyone got the time to trace their wrench on a sheet of paper and scan and then post the image here? It would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Jason

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Most of my friends drive fugly cruisers :( I guess I can just make my own wrench... Anyone got the time to trace their wrench on a sheet of paper and scan and then post the image here? It would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Jason

I can do that tonight. and FWIW i used my FZ one to adjust Keirs SV650 shock. maybe even just heading to the dealer and asking to borrow one from a display model or something for a couple mins.

DMP84

Reaction score
Visit site
Found this on the search, I am considering adjusting the rear suspension. It is currently on the factory 3 and was thinking of adjusting it to 5. I am 6'2" 255lbs. Any input would be appreciated. Also, when I bought the bike it did not come with the toolkit, is there any possible way to adjust it without it, or is going to the dealer my only way out?

Thanks.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I have a very large screwdriver and that worked for me. I don't even have a Yammy toolkit. I did have to drench it in WD-40 first though.