Exhaust

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering... one of the nicest looking things on this bike is the chrome exhaust manifold coming down in the front. My concern is rust. Has anyone used a polish or protector on this to keep it shiny and new looking?

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The exhausts are stainless steel. They discolor with heat and rain, but they won't rust. You may get a little rust on the flanges as these are chromed and the chrome can pit allowing small rust spots.

When I was buffing the flanges with a wire wheel in preparation to paint my headers black the wheel hit the pipe and shined them right up. But I don't think that is a practical means to shine up your pipes.

Steel Wool may work but the problem is the physical effort required and where the pipes go to the collector. It is hard to get in the tight spaces. I don't know of any polish that is made to work on headers with the extreme heat. I don't know if this would permanently discolor the heads.

FWIW.

Good Luck.

Lewis

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
My bro and I have used SOS pads to brighten them up. I'm sure there maybe be other ways, but it works for me.

I personally might repaint them, so I'm not worried anymore, but in the meantime, SOS pads keep em shiny!

fyi: the SOS pad works great on the rear sprocket to put it back to the brand spankin' new silver! Makes a world of difference IMO even though I'll get a black one once it needs replacing too! haha