Tail swap question.

poi pounder

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

New here. Great forum.

Has anybody here ever did a tail swap with the fz6? I was wondering if there was any other tail fairings that would fit with minimal modifications.

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
I think a tail mod would be pretty extensive. The fz6 has a fully connected seat for driver and passenger. If you were to put say an r6 tail on it you would have to modify not only the seat

(either cut the existing one or somehow mod the r6 seat to fit on the fz) but you would have to find some way of getting the plastics to blend relatively smoothly. im sure it can be done, but at what cost and time are you looking at. and who would want to mod the tail anyways!!

GodSpeedLuc

Reaction score
Visit site
same here. i doubt there is any mod for it just by the way it is constructed tho. there is however the color of the lens itself that u can change for now. personally the red bothers me some so im going to get either the white or smoke.

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen pics of bikes with an R1 tail, it's gotta be possible to do.

Its possible if you have the resources (money or tools) to do it. I think what you have seen is the FZ Cup Series tail it does not have a tail light.

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
Its possible if you have the resources (money or tools) to do it. I think what you have seen is the FZ Cup Series tail it does not have a tail light.

The fz6 cup tail can be modded to fit a light...or just put on the LED strips!
BUT
They are NOT easy to get into the US! I've tried!

It's also $400 US to ship...not really worth it to me, but to each his own.

samo

Reaction score
Visit site
it would still be nice to fit an R1 tail on the bike! I mean the racer's edge tail looks nice but its race only and that seat sucks for long rides