Africa riders

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
Thanks to jsteinb95 for setting this section up. How many fazer owners are from Africa, specifically South Africa?

I know there are quite a lot on the roads, a friend has 2, an '04 and an '08.
I'll try get some pics posted from this side of the world.

Safe riding all!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
would love pics, or even a video somehow...id love to see some africa riding...must be pretty exotic....especially compared to the canadian prairies haha

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
I don't think our terrain is very much different, but i think the circumstances are. Roads are not safe here, so we need to be more careful in ALL respects.

I'm in Johannesburg, and the biggest problem is getting out the city, to quiet roads. The best available roads are in the eastern transvaal, about 4 hours ride form here. Twisties deluxe :D

Mr T

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Mr T .. welcome :)
Pity you're down THERE ;-) ... but must arrange a ride when possible.
You the same one on Think Bike?
peace
Hi abraxas

Only registered on e-dirt and bikesa, must be another Mr T on Think Bike.

We shoud set up a meet between jhb and dbn

cheers T

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
OK ... need some ideas here please.

I've posted all over the local biker sites, and contacted Yamaha about their client lists. They tell me they tried to organise a fazer run and only had 4 responses ... so the tone was really negative.

They are having something in November i believe, i've asked to be kept updated, and will copy here. We already have about 5 bikes in the area lined up, seemingly more than yamaha could muster. But i see the other fazers DAILY, there are many out there ...

How do i get a hold of fazer owners around here, short of flagging them down on the side of the road ... i'm at that point ;)

DaFiz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I'm David in Cape Town and we boast some of the most beautiful rides in the world... (or am I just saying that:rolleyes:)
The Franschoek mountain pass and the RooiEls road... twisties that bring out the best in the Fazer. Oh what a luvverly ride - I can't wait for Sunday morning.:cheer:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I'm David in Cape Town and we boast some of the most beautiful rides in the world... (or am I just saying that:rolleyes:)
The Franschoek mountain pass and the RooiEls road... twisties that bring out the best in the Fazer. Oh what a luvverly ride - I can't wait for Sunday morning.:cheer:

:needpics:

Hearing Dutch sounding words and mountains in the same sentence just seems odd to me ;)

DaFiz

Reaction score
Visit site
:needpics:

Hearing Dutch sounding words and mountains in the same sentence just seems odd to me ;)

Sorry Bud. I have one of those old Nokias from the last century... it's good enough to call home and advise them I'm having too much fun to be home for lunch, but it doesn't do photographs. Someone sent me a pic of myself on the ride a while ago, but I don't have any pics from the ride.

DaFiz

Reaction score
Visit site
A calender I'm working on (pleez don't sue me for copyright infringent)
the kind of view we see on our cigarette stops...1 - 2 - 3

4 = a view of my daily commute taken from a highrise acommodation block.;)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A calender I'm working on (pleez don't sue me for copyright infringent)
the kind of view we see on our cigarette stops...1 - 2 - 3

4 = a view of my daily commute taken from a highrise acommodation block.;)

Wow they are amazing views, thanks for the pics :thumbup:

DaFiz

Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup: cool Man I've left Cape Town a couple of times over the years (career moves) but that mountain is like a magnet... it keeps on drawing me back;)

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
Hey DaFiz ... wondered when you'd make it!! :welcome:

I'm with you though, those cape roads, i mean start at ou kaapse weg, and chapmans peak .... and in just about ANY direction ....

Must get some pics to show these guys what they're missing .... i'm missing them too ...

DaFiz

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool Abraxas. I'm on at work and it could be temporarily only with all the reshuffling going on here and me left with an old AppleMac that duzzent wanna...:(
Rather than go on "organized" long distance rides these days I find my self out riding alone until I end up chasing a group of GSXRs over a mountain pass. Now I'm never gonna catch them but they have to run away from me anyway:eek: it's just so much fun on a Fazer:rockon:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did someone mention the Rooiels road?

STA_1837.jpg

Taken on Chapman's Peak:

IMG_1833.jpg

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
Damn those are fine pictures!!!!!

Used to hike over those hills as a kid .... most beautiful area i know :thumbup:

That mountain is called "the Sentinel", and you got Hout bay harbour in the background. They have the BEST fish market around.