pirelli diablo corsa III 3 zone compound

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
Has anybody had the PIRELLI DIABLO CORSA III 3 zone compound tires? If you have what did you think of them compared to others, and what was the milage you got out of them?

v4rick

Reaction score
Visit site
I just put on the regular "Diablo" and it was a tremendous improvement over stock and only ~190/pair from Cycle Gear. Would like to hear about the new "III", too.

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Perelli Scorps. Still running them and loving the way they stick to the road. I have 3 grand on them already with little wear. Great tires!!

B

Bo67

Just got a pair today. Need to break them in but my initial view is that they're pretty good. I got 11,000 miles out of my old Metzeler Z6's that I replaced. They were good tires too but IMO would lean a little quick for me then would want to stay there and were a little twitchy (front end) when pushed hard. Not bashing them, they were a good tire. The Corsa's seem to make the front feel a little heavier. Not heavy, just heavier than the Metz's. In a lean they seem to track VERY linearly and and feel solid but again I was basically just doing some weaving on the way home today. They also look pretty good to that does nothing for performance but figured I'd just throw that out there;)
I'll post again once I get some more mileage on them.

B

Bo67

Well I've put 1100 miles on the Corsa III's and I am very impressed with them. I did some parking lot cornering, braking, stopping practice last night after work and was amazed at just how well they hold a line. It was not nerve racking at all leaning over until the footpegs started grinding. I accidentally ground me left boot a bit too but that was just because I didn't have it on the foot peg properly in one corner.
I've gotten used to the slightly slower turn-in feeling and I actually kind of like it better myself.
Out on the road and at speed they hold a line just great. They really do inspire confidence.
We'll see how they hold up mileage-wise but for now I'm very happy with them. They are a little pricier but if I can afford another set when these wear out I will definitely buy them again.

FZ-B

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got a pair today. Need to break them in but my initial view is that they're pretty good. I got 11,000 miles out of my old Metzeler Z6's that I replaced. They were good tires too but IMO would lean a little quick for me then would want to stay there and were a little twitchy (front end) when pushed hard. Not bashing them, they were a good tire. The Corsa's seem to make the front feel a little heavier. Not heavy, just heavier than the Metz's. In a lean they seem to track VERY linearly and and feel solid but again I was basically just doing some weaving on the way home today. They also look pretty good to that does nothing for performance but figured I'd just throw that out there;)
I'll post again once I get some more mileage on them.

I'm on the Z6 now, I thought the bike lost 75 lbs. when I put them on. I like them and it's good to see I'll get some mileage out of them.

The Dunlop's the bike came with are a joke.

B

Bo67

FZ-B:
I hear you on the Dunlops; I didn't like them at all. On the glass half-full side of things though they did allow for an easy break-in of my bike when it was new;).
The Metzelers are a good tire. You're feeling the same as me when I had them. Kinda light in the front but all-in-all a pretty good tire. I mainly commute with my bike Mon-Fri and the Z6's were great at that. The Pirellis are grippier but probably won't go the mileage like the Z6's did. I'd be happy with either tire on my bike.

I

inkrediboy

FZ-B:
I hear you on the Dunlops; I didn't like them at all. On the glass half-full side of things though they did allow for an easy break-in of my bike when it was new;).
The Metzelers are a good tire. You're feeling the same as me when I had them. Kinda light in the front but all-in-all a pretty good tire. I mainly commute with my bike Mon-Fri and the Z6's were great at that. The Pirellis are grippier but probably won't go the mileage like the Z6's did. I'd be happy with either tire on my bike.

I'll have to check the P Corsa's that are on my R1, not sure if they are the III's. They are super sticky on street - and have done me good. Tread wear is absolutely amazing, its a daily commuter and weekend racer - I have about 6k on them already with hard riding, They look new still.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll have to check the P Corsa's that are on my R1, not sure if they are the III's. They are super sticky on street - and have done me good. Tread wear is absolutely amazing, its a daily commuter and weekend racer - I have about 6k on them already with hard riding, They look new still.

That's pretty impressive mileage for a litre class bike...have been thinking about getting these tyres...great thread.

Scab

Nobody special
Reaction score
Visit site
I ran a set of the Pirelli Corsa III's. The tire is an excellent tire. Good grip, wet or dry, predictable handling. The tire profile is a bit diferent from most, allowing negotiating of the usual twists and turns without running to the edge of the tire.
The rear was toast at about 6,100 miles. Which, is better than the stock D-252's or BT-014's that I have ran on the FZ.
These were my favorite tire on the FZ...Until I mounted a set of BT-016's. I still have nothing negative to say about the Corsa III's, but the BT-016 is my new favorite. I mounted these in mid-September. I currently have about 2500 miles or so on them. I love this tire.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ran a set of the Pirelli Corsa III's. The tire is an excellent tire. Good grip, wet or dry, predictable handling. The tire profile is a bit diferent from most, allowing negotiating of the usual twists and turns without running to the edge of the tire.
The rear was toast at about 6,100 miles. Which, is better than the stock D-252's or BT-014's that I have ran on the FZ.
These were my favorite tire on the FZ...Until I mounted a set of BT-016's. I still have nothing negative to say about the Corsa III's, but the BT-016 is my new favorite. I mounted these in mid-September. I currently have about 2500 miles or so on them. I love this tire.

Scab, coming out of the deep after 16 months! Welcome bro! :welcome:

Thanks for the info on the Pirellis.