FZ6inNH Interview

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Somebody who knows all about "RAID 10" :eek: today, FZ6inNH...

What do you do for a living?
I am a Server/Storage Engineer for a wholesale energy company. I run the data center for both our company as well as our parent company with another server geek. I can't believe I get paid to play with the latest technology! Suckers!!!!

How long have you owned your FZ6?
I've owned two actually. I had a 2005 bought in April '06 and sold in March '08. I bought my '08 FZ6 in April '08 so 27 months total. :D

What other modes of transport do you have?
We own a 2007 TRD Tacoma Double-Cab, a 2008 Yaris hatchback and her bike is a '08 V Star 650 Custom. We also water travel with two Old Town Kayaks!

If you could have any bike what would it be?
2008 R1 in Blue but with the Spiegler standard bar conversion
2008-R1.jpg

What are your hobbies apart from the bike?
Woodworking, Online gaming (CoD:MW), kayaking, cooking and traveling.

What is the best place you have visited on your travels and why?
The Big Island of Hawaii. The sights sounds and people there are beyond comparison. To walk IN an active volcano is rather exhillarating! The Big Island is not a drive-up tourist spot. You have to get out, explore, hike, and discover. Where else can you go for all possible climates on the planet in a single visit? Snow and a rainforest in the same day is incredible!

Describe yourself in three words?
Honest, ethical, caring

If you could redesign any household (including garage) appliance what would it be and why?
The Oven. This should be, at this point in technology, not only an oven but a microwave, convection oven and rotisserie. Then it should wash itself after each use. Why do we still need 3 - 4 appliances to do all this with? It should be LOADED with presets and customizable settings for my cooking delight!

Which invention in history would you most like to have come up with?
SMS Texting with a $.01 royalty for every single text sent from day one to eternity! My three kids alone would make me rich! :rof: I could feed the world and be richer than Gates himself!

If you ruled the world, what is the first thing you would outlaw?
Not so much outlaw but "Fix" . . . Make it so EVERY cage sold disables cell phones and other portable electronic devices as soon as you close the door and start the vehicle. I guess that means outlawing cellular, paging and text devices in all cages.

If you were forced to entertain us all at the Forum Christmas party - what would your talent be?
Impressions of Magseal (Snappy comebacks)

Snow or beach?
Beach all the way! I'm ready to ditch New England and head for warmer climate!

Windows or Mac?
Windows: Not because I like it but if the world ran on Linux, I'd be out of a job. ;) (Oh crap! I'll finish this in a while... BSOD!)

(Rebooted - Where was I? Oh yeah!... here we are....)

NASCAR, F1 or MotoGP?
NASCAR (alt.tony.stewart.crash.crash.crash)

Which track or album rocks your boat?
Godsmack - The Other Side

What is your favourite film?
Sooooo many to choose from! I'm going with Fifth Element in Blue Ray, 1080P baby!

Meat or Veg?
Chicken!

What is your favourite beverage?
Sam Adams Winter

And finally, your number one rule in life?
Live life how you want by being the best person you can be, because those who matter, don't mind and those who mind, dont matter!

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nicely done :)

You would get along well with my husband who manages a county network! I often get his hand me down pcs and equipment(at home).. and of course he has to have the latest and greatest like all you GEEKS! (meant with complete sincerity)

It will be nice to meet you soon. :)

Deb

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nicely done :)

You would get along well with my husband who manages a county network! I often get his hand me down pcs and equipment(at home).. and of course he has to have the latest and greatest like all you GEEKS! (meant with complete sincerity)

It will be nice to meet you soon. :)

Deb

LOL!!! My wife has the same complaint. She always gets second best in the house! :D Well, I did get her the best once a couple years ago and she had the powerful PC until we upgraded mine to play DirextX10 games. (I hate Vista! Thankful for dual-boot!)

I hope we can get together soon! Thanks Deb!

-Eric

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And.... a special thanks to Michael for continuing to put together member interviews for all of us to share. :rockon: Grommit!

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Somebody who knows all about "RAID 10" :eek: today, FZ6inNH...

If you ruled the world, what is the first thing you would outlaw?
Not so much outlaw but "Fix" . . . Make it so EVERY cage sold disables cell phones and other portable electronic devices as soon as you close the door and start the vehicle. I guess that means outlawing cellular, paging and text devices in all cages.

Nice Interview....

AMEN on the cars disabling the cell phones......can't stand people that drive with the phone glued to there ears....

Thanks for sharing..:thumbup: