Mirror Alternatives...

VWci

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont like fz6-n's mirror. Becasue it has dead points and it is not easy to adjust... And it looks like a bug antenna... :D ... What kind of alternatives that we have?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont like fz6-n's mirror.... And it looks like a bug antenna... :D

LOL......I kind of agree with ya there. Actually my mirrors are kind of scraped up, and have been looking for some replacements myselt. I was wondering how the R6 mirrors would do?

-PN-

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm after some extenders for mine because the standard mirrors are useless unless you like a constant view of your elbow or the sky.

I know everyone says you should look over your shoulder instead (which I do as well) but I like to get a more regular update of what is going on behind me and spend more time looking where I'm going.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What do you think about rizomas?

Rizoma's are top notch....they do nice extenders too, but in Australia at least they are hideously expensive, hope that's not the case where you are.

i have some MCS mirrors which look a bit like the more expensive rizoma's, and stick out about 20mm further than the standard fz6 mirrors which means you can actually see behind you, unlike the stock items.

here is a photo of my mirrors, might give you an idea what black mirrors look like, rather than the cruddy stock items.

Rizoma'[s care streets ahead of my $35 mirrors....Rizoma's were going to cost me $255 each...ouch!

whitewidow

Reaction score
Visit site
Wolfman - where did you get the MCS mirrors - look good and would cure my hatred of the standard ones I have.
Thanks

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually found them in a Kawasaki dealership, dont know were M.C.S. the company originates, but i did a search on google, and could only find their products on e-bay.

AND I SEARCHED HARD! Maybe you will have better luck if you do a search.

I know that in Australia at least, just about every bike shop has a selection of aftermarket M.C.S. stuff on it's shelves. Hope for your sake it is not just an Aussie company.

Sorry i could not be more help. :(

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that is one wacky windscreen lol. i lilke it tho

5929d1216635527-mirror-alternatives-new-mirrors-01.jpg

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That wacky windscreen is a geniune Yamaha screen available in Australia, and yes it is wacky, and yes i love it, goes well with the offset round instrument panel...plenty of room behind it to hide my GPS away from the weather, which mounts straight to it...pictures in GPS thread in Mods section.

and by the way Grommit, nice find on the mirrors. Obviously my search skills need refining! lol!

By the way, these mirrors come with reverse thread adaptors, which you will need when sourcing aftermarket mirrors for an FZ6, as Yamaha loves to make it interesting for you, using, left & right threads for each mirror. Oh yeah, and some spacers, so that you can clear your bars more easily, as these mirrors do sit quite low.

Finally, they stay put at speeds in excess of 200km/h :eek:

VWci

Reaction score
Visit site
Wolfman is that wacky windscreen hard to fit? When I purchased my naked seller gave it as a gift :rockon: ... It is still in the box.... :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Takes two minutes. pre bent & powder coated bracket on each side that connects at the screen via two rubber mounted bolts, that screw into nuts that are prewelded to bracket. Bracket attaches via top trile clamp, and the longer bolts required to do this, come in the box.

Screen does not move, vibrate, or flex. you can adjust the angle as well, but you can only angle it down as low as top of head light assembly.

Good quality kit, especially if you want to run a GPS.

VWci

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks alot mate, as soon as i arrive my home town i am gonna fit it. Btw there are colored ones like all black and not transparent.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What wolf didnt tell you is that we all gave him crap about that screen, but after we rode in the rain and he was dry and i was drenched i thought better of it.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What wolf didnt tell you is that we all gave him crap about that screen, but after we rode in the rain and he was dry and i was drenched i thought better of it.

Wolfman aint so silly after all! am happy to sacrifice a little bit of cool for a bit of comfort....Wolfman is getting soft in his old age! But i do reckon it looks hot, even if my bike looks a bit like some demented bug...especially sitting behind the screen!