Front suspension ?

Nick

Reaction score
Visit site
For those of you who have put in new springs
please post your weight and spacer length including washers

thanks

i am 250lbs and am trying to get a rough idea where to make my first cut on my spacer

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you visit the Racetech site and use their calculator? What size spring are/did you buy?

The spacer: The cut is all dependent on your size, weight with all riding gear and the measured amount of sag with you on the bike in the riding position with the full gear on. If you cut it too long, you can always cut more off. If you cut it too short, you can always add spacers to make up the difference.

DefyInertia has a great write-up in the mods section. Do a search for racetech springs and begin your studies. ;)

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
IIRC, I had .95kg/mm springs with 6.75" spacers and ~30mm of rider sag at about 170 w/out gear (I wear a lot of gear).

You could use PVC pipe first, and then cut the metal.

I'm going to guess you got 1.0kg/mm springs? I'd try 7.5" first and then go down from there. In the unlikely event that you need to go up from 7.5 inches, you can add washers/spacers (plan on using them for fine tuning anyway).

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
185 lbs with gear, .90 RT springs, 7 1/8" preload (I think), 15 wt oil. LOVE IT!

Nick

Reaction score
Visit site
well i got it all put together 1.00 springs 7.25 spacer 2washers

Holy Cow what a huge difference

Thanks for the help

Nick